Active Now

my2cents
DannyPetti
Shuhak
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Why do we ignore red flags when they're waving right in front of our faces??

Why do we ignore red flags when they're waving right in front of our faces??

Posted - October 9, 2016

Responses

I think it is because we are fragile and human and filled with terrors of the unknown, so it is safer to stay stuck in whatever fairy tale we are telling ourselves as long as possible rather than face the inevitable.   Old age, sickness and death are waiting for us all it seems.  Or we die sooner.  So, that is something we need to keep in the forefront of our consciousness and not fear that reality.

The rest then gets easier when death is your constant advisor...

Paraphrasing Carlos Castenada

Carlos Castaneda > Quotes > Quotable Quote

Carlos Castaneda

“Death is the only wise advisor that we have. Whenever you feel, as you always do, that everything is going wrong and you're about to be annihilated, turn to your death and ask if that is so. Your death will tell you that you're wrong; that nothing really matters outside its touch. Your death will tell you, 'I haven't touched you yet.” This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at October 9, 2016 11:40 PM MDT
      October 9, 2016 1:56 PM MDT

• Fairy tale, yup I hear that!  Thank you :-)
      October 9, 2016 11:40 PM MDT
  • D&D

Because, when the red flag is in front of me the lighting can make it look like another colour.
      October 9, 2016 2:42 PM MDT

• Hhmmmm that's interestingly put!
      October 9, 2016 11:42 PM MDT

maybe cause we dont want to see them
      October 9, 2016 7:53 PM MDT

• You got that right!!
      October 9, 2016 11:42 PM MDT

Facing reality is hard when you're an idealist. 
      November 15, 2016 11:23 PM MST