Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » answerMug » If you worked at AnswerMug’s Customer Service phone lines, what kinds of calls might you receive the most often?

If you worked at AnswerMug’s Customer Service phone lines, what kinds of calls might you receive the most often?

Posted - August 25, 2020

Responses

Calls about escaped tildes tunning amuck all over the web site. 
      August 25, 2020 8:53 AM MDT

Hey!  They’re very well-behaved, I’ll have you know!  They don’t just “run amuck”!  Grrrrrrr.

August 25, 2020 8:56 AM MDT

hahahaha Well, if I remember correctly a certain someone showed a picture of your laptop with tildes jumping out and off: you can see them running away. It happened right here on Answermug.  I think someone buried the story out of embarrassment.  cough cough
      August 25, 2020 1:33 PM MDT

I think we all know what that was:

:|

August 25, 2020 1:59 PM MDT

[ Sorry for intrusion - - that image is definitely inspired from a movie I really like -- 1956 "Invasion of the Body Snatchers"  :)  

Your post was fun for me to see. ]
    Invasion of the Body Snatchers - Wikipedia]

Terror with both feet on Earth: Invasion of the Body Snatchers | BFI This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at November 23, 2022 8:03 PM MST
      August 26, 2020 10:17 PM MDT

What “intrusion”?  This is a public site, a completely open forum. 

:)

August 26, 2020 10:54 PM MDT

True.  :)

I biked seeing these images again tonight.  :)

EDIT: "Welby, you did not have to 'bike' anywhere to see the mages, you 'liked' seeing the images."

"Yes, you're right -- but I'll leave the typo. It made me smile."

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at November 23, 2022 7:25 PM MST
      November 23, 2022 7:23 PM MST

AnswerMug’Customer Service, how may I assist you?

Yes, could you please tell me the number for AnswerMug’s Customer Service?

This is AnswerMug Customer Service.  How may I assist you?

I need to know the number for AnswerMug’s Customer Service.

Sir, this IS AnswerMug Customer Service.  How may I assist you?

I…would…like…the…number… for… Answer…Mug’s… Customer… Service. 

(sigh)  just call 4-1-1

Great!  Do you have their number?

August 25, 2020 10:12 AM MDT

Customer Service Rep: Who is this anyway?

Shuhak:  I can’t tell you.

CSR: Wait, I recognize your voice! Is this Shuhak?

Shuhak: Er, uuu . . .

CSR: It is, it’s you, Shuhak, I’d know your voice anywhere!

Shuhak: I, er . . .

CSR: Why are you doing this to me?  You know good and well that I’m trying to work here, why do you insist on getting me in trouble?  You’re going to get me fired!

Shuhak: Fired?  No!  Sacked, dismissed, booted, kicked out, laid off . . .

CSR: Tell me what’s wrong with you, tell me if you’re on something, are you high? Randy D put you up to this, didn’t he?  Are you his minion or something?

Shuhak: Wait, I . . .

CSR: I’m contacting management immediately! Grrrrrrrrrrr.

August 25, 2020 11:57 AM MDT

Caller: Yes, how do I file a restraining order against another answerMug user? 

CSR: Hold, please. I'll connect you with the Randall D. Legal Department. 

Caller: The WHAT? Wait... that's who I needed to talk to you ....

Randy: Hey, baby. You about ready for some ...bleep bleep bleep bleep (edited for content)

Caller: (Deletes answerMug account, moves to an undisclosed, off-the-grid location somewhere near the Canadian border, sees Jaimie and Jane S. twice a year at Survivors' retreats)
      August 25, 2020 4:30 PM MDT

August 25, 2020 4:36 PM MDT

LOL :) 
      August 25, 2020 5:08 PM MDT

So it’s somewhere near the Canadian border, is it?  Hmmm, I’m retired and I have nothing but time on my hands, I can devote myself to locating this so-called secret hideout. 

*Loads trunk of car with massage oils, Binaca, spiked vodka, map of Canadian provinces bordering the US, map of states bordering Canada, duct tape, sandwich-making supplies, DVD movies, moose-repellent, bribe money for the RCMP . . . 

August 25, 2020 5:13 PM MDT

Cheese and facking rice! 

(with a side of avocado aioli)

~
      August 25, 2020 5:16 PM MDT

aMCSR: Customer Service, whaddya want?

Me: There is a member on the Mug asking lots of stupid questions.

aMCSR: Is this about Randy D again? (Sigh.)

Me: I don't want to say...

aMCSR: Well, since he makes up about 80% of our complaints, I'm gonna assume it is. Whaddya think I can do about it? Tildes and sandwiches and harems aren't against the Terms of Service. He's on thin ice, but he knows how to stop just short of going in.

Me: Well, if you can't do anything about the questions, how about his grammar policing? Do we have to put up with that?

aMSCSR: We're doing a member survey to see if we should incorporate it into the TOS. We haven't gotten the results yet because of a few members who keep editing it for spelling and grammar and sending it back without answering it. We need to get input from the majority before we make the change.

Me: So, how about his answers to other muggers' questions? Anything you can do about them?

aMCSR: Gimme a break, willya? All day long,all I hear is Randy D did this and Randy D said that. If he don't swear and he don't call anyone names and he don't talk dirty, my hands are tied. 

Me: Do you happen to know if a restraining order can be enforced on answerMug?

[Click]

August 25, 2020 4:35 PM MDT

Baby, Baby, Baby!  You’re just spinning your wheels with the restraining orders, I keep telling you that, but you’re stubborn. Save yourself a lot of aggravation and unneeded stress, let all that legal stuff go, Baby.  We don’t need that interference in our love affair.  Listen, let’s go away together, spend some time rekindling things. It’s therapeutic; I’m retired, you’re retired, we have free time on our hands, we could use a lot of cuddling and spooning, Baby. You know, just today I was planning a little trip along the US/Canadian border, you’d be the perfect companion! I’ll swing by to pick you up, and we can get away for some bonding time . . . 

~

August 25, 2020 5:23 PM MDT

It better not be the Minnesota/Canada border. That violates the restraining order I filed.
      August 25, 2020 6:34 PM MDT

Restraining order, reschmaining order!  I crush those things like bugs!  Have a bag packed, Snugglie-Bugglie, I’ll be there in no time to get you. First stop, the nearest No-Tell Motel.  Prepare yourself for the bliss!

~

August 25, 2020 10:04 PM MDT

No, Randall, sending you pictures of Vegemite does NOT count as a death threat.
      August 25, 2020 5:19 PM MDT

Maybe not under Australian laws, matey!  I’m in contact with InterPol; I’ll have an answer soon!  Grrrrrr.

:[

August 25, 2020 5:25 PM MDT

You both are really funny. 
      August 26, 2020 4:13 AM MDT

August 26, 2020 4:31 AM MDT

August 26, 2020 4:36 AM MDT