Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » What was the last movie you watched that made you cry?

What was the last movie you watched that made you cry?

I’m watching a movie called “A Dog’s Purpose” I‘ve cried four times and the movie’s not half over. I can’t even with this movie right now. 

Posted - August 30, 2020

Responses

I’ve not seen that, but you can’t shame me for it, Cos it’s not from the 80’s or 90’s :) 
      September 1, 2020 12:22 PM MDT

• Lol, I don't shame you at all.  I wanted to see it when it came out nearly 10 years ago but just finally got around to it. 
      September 1, 2020 12:54 PM MDT

Lol, I wasn’t sure if this was going to be a movie Like the candy one where you force me to watch it immediately so we Could remain friends ;)  
      September 2, 2020 12:16 PM MDT

• Which candy movie?  The one I see whenever I'm being suffocated?
      September 2, 2020 2:08 PM MDT

Candy factory...the one where we discovered my true name. This post was edited by Jaimie at September 7, 2020 7:48 PM MDT
      September 2, 2020 2:21 PM MDT

Watch it immediately! So good!!
      September 1, 2020 8:25 PM MDT

Okay, I’ll add it to my list. After you said you’re maybe going to rewatch the first season of The Boys, I thought it a good idea so I started doing that last night. I’ll get that movie after :) 
      September 2, 2020 12:08 PM MDT

I haven't done that yet. Thanks for reminding me. 
      September 11, 2020 5:54 PM MDT

Okay, I’ll add it to my list. After you said you’re maybe going to rewatch the first season of The Boys, I thought it a good idea so I started doing that last night. I’ll get that movie after :) 
      September 2, 2020 12:14 PM MDT

"Hacksaw Ridge"

Hacksaw Ridge,' a Gory War Movie for Both Hawks and Doves - The New York  Times

And I'd like to include my experience with the movie (none of this will ruin the movie if you haven't seen it):
    A friend whom I initially met in a large exercise class (we still exercise there), out of the blue, asked if I had ever seen this movie. I said I hadn't and she said I needed to. I watched it but it took me literally three days to get through the movie because I kept stopping it, with getting very overwhelmed with emotions and also crying at times. If you haven't seen it, the movie is based upon the real life person, Desmond Doss. What this man did amazes me. I find the movie very good, too. Powerful. Actor Andrew Garfield as Doss is great to me.

I texted my friend and told her I watched the movie and found it very powerful. Time went by. Then, a week or so later, I asked her, "Oh -- why did you want me to watch that movie?"
    She stopped, still. And she looked me in the eye, kindly, and said, "Because you remind me of Doss. You would never, ever, want to intentionally hurt anyone."
    And I started to cry all over again. Here she was - - equating me with someone like Doss.

September 7, 2020 7:42 PM MDT

The Guardian
      September 8, 2020 6:07 AM MDT

I know I already answered but your description in your question box, and some of the comments in the thread, made me think of this movie :

"The Plague Dogs"

I really recommend it a lot!  This is the image of the soundtrack album/CD cover.

Plague Dogs, The- Soundtrack details - SoundtrackCollector.com

I don't want to say too much about the book /movie but it's a great movie to me. :) And the book is great, too.
    The movie is based on Richard Adams' novel of the same name.

September 10, 2020 8:31 PM MDT