Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » How far does smoke travel from multiple raging wildfires? California is on fire and parts of Oregon. Any of you see/smell smoke?

How far does smoke travel from multiple raging wildfires? California is on fire and parts of Oregon. Any of you see/smell smoke?

If so what state or country are you in?

I wonder if any of it has reached Canada?

Posted - September 9, 2020

Responses

The smoke is following the jet stream across America.

September 9, 2020 10:01 AM MDT

So does that mean you will get some of it in Toledo? Oy vey! Apologies. That is some photo m'dear. Thanks very bigly. I appreciate it. Apologies if you are breathing in our smoke! :(
      September 9, 2020 10:12 AM MDT

We are, what looks like, about 100 miles south of the jet stream right now. If you know where Lake Erie is, we are at the western tip of it.
      September 9, 2020 10:15 AM MDT

I do. You do remember I was born in Highland Park, Michigan a suburb of Detroit! So yep I know where they are. I wonder when this particular series of tragedy will end? Or are the fires now another part of our "normal"? :(
      September 9, 2020 10:20 AM MDT

I think it is the new normal.
      September 9, 2020 10:21 AM MDT

Okey dokey. Well am I very good at "adjusting"."BLOOM WHERE YOU ARE PLANTED". I always try to and usually I do.  I expect you are like that too although I expect you do it from a different angle than I do. No matter. Have you heard about the new Bob Woodward book about dipstick(sh**)? Woodward has him on tape for hours and released some of the tapes which he allegedly HAS NEVER DONE BEFORE. So why? Thank you for your reply E! :) This post was edited by RosieG at September 9, 2020 5:45 PM MDT
      September 9, 2020 10:27 AM MDT

I was apalled, but not surprised, what trump said on those tapes about the virus. Just a few more nails in his coffin.
      September 9, 2020 5:47 PM MDT

So what dipstick said means he knew how deadly the virus was and that it was airborne in was it January or February and yet "played it down"(LIED) to the extent of mocking/ridiculing those who took it seriously. How is that not showing contempt disdain indifference for our lives? His adoring worshippers of course are already defending him for it. How I don't know but that is all they do all day every day. Thank you for your reply E. What nails his coffin more with you? Calling the military both living and dead LOSERS and SUCKERS and saying they aren't too smart or causing the unnecessary deaths of thousands upon thousands of human beings? A tie? What else is yet to come? Any ideas? Thank you for your reply! :)
      September 10, 2020 5:07 AM MDT

Oh...an update. I smelled a bit of smoke today and the sky was a bit hazy. I felt like I was breathing dust and coughed for a half hour.
      September 9, 2020 5:49 PM MDT

Oh dear. Apologies E. I don't know whose smoke that was. It could have been ours from California or Oregon's or Washington's or Idaho's or maybe it was all of them. Breathing bad air is just what no one needs. Wonder what we will encounter today. That smoke travels really far. I didn't that. Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday to thee and thine! :)
      September 10, 2020 1:35 AM MDT

Oregon has turned into a giant bong ????
      September 9, 2020 6:03 PM MDT

VASS ISS DISS? Bong? Oh I just looked it up. A hookah or water pipe for smoking marijuana or other drugs. Now what on earth would cause you to think that? Also the question asks how far does smoke travel and are you smelling any yet? Which is doubly perplexing to me how you came up with what you came up with. Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday to you. You are not an AlphaLoon but a BetaLoon? Why?
      September 10, 2020 5:11 AM MDT

Quite a noticeable haze in Vancouver yesterday but totally clear today.
      September 9, 2020 6:18 PM MDT

Glad it's clear m'dear. Apologies for the haze which I expect is some drifts of smoke mixed in with whatever else there is. Thank you for your reply Kg.
      September 10, 2020 5:12 AM MDT

The Australian bushfires last southern summer left soot on mountaintops in New Zealand, and the smoke was detected as far away as Chile. Sydney was almost unliveable, so our Prime Monster fecked off to Hawaii and instructed his office staff to lie about it. Scummo piddled while home burned.
    Murdererdoch's minions are all the same, Scummo is "Mini Me" to His Royal Orangeness.
      September 10, 2020 2:38 AM MDT

I remember that R. So your "head" fled? Typical. I am not happy that your country suffers from the same greedy evil monsters as ours. When I'm miserable I don't want company. You deserve better. SIGH. Thank you for your reply! :)
      September 10, 2020 5:26 AM MDT