Active Now

Randy D
Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Should/Will Mueller team (29 people) be held accountable for wiping the data off their gov phones?

Should/Will Mueller team (29 people) be held accountable for wiping the data off their gov phones?

What would happen if I accidently wiped my phone that the government wanted to examine?

Posted - September 12, 2020

Responses

I think that as a private citizen we are entitled to wipe our private phones as often as we like.. Yes it could be to hide crimes.. but there's not really anything anyone can do about it if we did wipe our phones.. 

I can't comment on the other scenario you mentioned, it seems perhaps different if it's a work phone, unless the policy is to wipe them regularly
      September 12, 2020 2:12 PM MDT

These were government phones and the gov is supposed to archive the information on them. The people also knew the there is an investigation into the beginning actions of the Russian collusion investigation. 

Had I wiped my personal phone clean after knowing law enforcement wanted to examine it...I would be in jail. 
      September 13, 2020 5:41 AM MDT

Yes, they should be held accountable and punished accordingly.
      September 13, 2020 1:08 PM MDT

Will Trump be held accountable
    for all the lies he has told?
      September 13, 2020 3:24 PM MDT

If he lies under oath he should be held accountable.  

Now, Mueller's team be expected to held to the same standard you or I would be if law enforcement wanted to examine our phone? 
      September 13, 2020 6:12 PM MDT