Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » You were out the whole day and came back home, got to your front door and realise it is unlocked. How do you react?
D&D

You were out the whole day and came back home, got to your front door and realise it is unlocked. How do you react?

Posted - October 11, 2016

Responses

Oh crap. Someone ransacked my home. I better call the cops. :o
      October 11, 2016 4:14 PM MDT

So you close back your door and run to the street?
      October 11, 2016 11:05 PM MDT

I somehow neglect to lock up when I go out or at night sometimes but I live in a seniors building which is maintained pretty secure. 
    No illegal entries yet anyway. 
      October 12, 2016 12:04 AM MDT

Is it spelled realise too?  I know it is  realize, but maybe it has 2 spellings.

Anyway, if it were me, I would think I forgot to lock the door.   (I have a bad habbit) but if I were SURE I locked it and it WAS unlocked?   I would NOT enter.   I would go to the nearest neighbor and call the police. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at October 12, 2016 12:12 AM MDT
      October 12, 2016 12:11 AM MDT

I almost never lock my door, so I would find it completely normal.
      October 12, 2016 12:14 AM MDT

I never imagined people doing that. I'll get a earful if I didn't lock the outside gates. Not locking the front door is unthinkable.
      October 12, 2016 12:37 AM MDT

• Same here. The risk of me actually losing the key when I'm out makes this more necessary. Plus I have very little worth stealing..
      October 12, 2016 12:55 AM MDT

• What about harm, it is not just someone coming and stealing something, they could come and steal you. No?
      October 16, 2016 3:53 AM MDT

• Possible, yes. It does get locked sometimes, of course. Don't worry, I'll be safe
      October 16, 2016 5:09 AM MDT

I would assume the kids forgot to lock the door.
    About 20 yrs ago we lived in an apartment, our door had a deadbolt.  To lock it from outside, you had to have a key which we did not have.  We came home and the deadbolt was locked.  We knew we could not have locked it--we had no key.  We called the police and they kicked the door in and went in to see who was in the apartment.

No one was inside.  The landlord had a maintence man come in while we were out and he locked it.  The landlord tried to gripe at us about it. We explained that we did not have a key and never had a key to the deadbolt...she did not charge us for the door.
      October 12, 2016 10:06 AM MDT