Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Is it hard to love when there's so much to hate?

Is it hard to love when there's so much to hate?

Posted - September 12, 2020

Responses

Good question.

For me love has always been a mystery. I know it's real, and somehow survives in spite of hate .

But that doesn't mean it's ever easy.
      September 12, 2020 6:16 PM MDT

I've never thought of it as a mystery. Well, maybe romantic love. I didn't mean that here. I just meant love in general. I don't think that's hard, despite all the hate. Painful at times, but still has to be better than hate. 
      September 12, 2020 6:32 PM MDT

It used to be really hard for me but fortunately I met a lady that showed me it's  better to love then hate.  So now a days there is only a few things I  hate like people that sell drugs to kids in our community  park and  sometimes I love to use that hate to force them out. Cheers and happy weekend!
      September 12, 2020 6:20 PM MDT

All that matters is that you found it, Nanoose. Because of someone or in spite of someone, you found it and it's so much better than hate. 
      September 12, 2020 6:34 PM MDT

If one is in a state of Love, there is no hate.
    There is only hate when we have separated ourselves
    from love as one being. We separate ourselves from the oneness
    of love through our Ego being attached to the illusions of the Mind.
    If we let go of the Ego the illusion disappears,
    hate doesn't exist in a state of love.
         Love and Hate = the Duality on the physical plane.
    Life and death...the ultimate illusion.
    So our goal is to live in the state of love
    which transcends the duality of the illusion.

September 12, 2020 6:33 PM MDT

How do you not acknowledge the hatred all around you? I understand not allowing yourself to embrace it, but how do you tune it out? 

Or, how do you turn terrible things happening from hate into love?
      September 12, 2020 6:37 PM MDT

In me, you’ll find it quite easy to love a hard man.

~

September 12, 2020 6:39 PM MDT

I cannot stop laughing. 
      September 12, 2020 6:52 PM MDT

If anything, perhaps for me, it's even easier to love when I see actions of what appear to be hate, or hear things of what seem to be hate. 

Hearing or seeing those things makes it perhaps easier for me to realize that love is the way for me. I already try to love others a lot.

EDIT: And here I am back to edit, yet, again, another of my answers.
    I only now noted your use of the word  "to" in front of the word "hate." To me, that makes the question a bit different than the question I answered -  I answered your question without the word "to" in there.
    But, to slightly change my answer -- to hate is something I try to avoid. It seldom has helped me as an emotion. I'd like to think that love gets me moving in a more healthy direction.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at September 12, 2020 9:19 PM MDT
      September 12, 2020 7:11 PM MDT

No
      September 13, 2020 7:32 AM MDT

[  Thanks for a Pick! :)   ]
      September 13, 2020 6:12 PM MDT

Hate is an action designed by an individual, by choice. The individual may hate broccoli, Fords, the color brown, Winter, and other choices. These items are not created to be hated. They are hated by the individual, by choice. What you hate is designed by you, for you to hate. 
    So, when you say, "so much to hate", it is you who has chosen so much to hate.
    Some people may not have so much to hate.
      September 16, 2020 6:45 AM MDT

Take time to design love and there may be less to hate.
      September 16, 2020 6:47 AM MDT