Discussion » Questions » Sports » How athletic are/were you?

How athletic are/were you?

Posted - September 15, 2020

Responses

• I've never been adept at most sports, but I do have athletic ability and a lot of endurance power. I just choose cycling and hiking as my outlet rather than ball games. 
      September 15, 2020 9:41 AM MDT

A little, only because I enjoy swimming.
      September 15, 2020 10:10 AM MDT

I wouldn't call myself athletic anymore.  The most active I am is when I'm dancing.  I still like to go dancing.  I like to walk but just at a comfortable pace and not to set records for distance.  
      September 15, 2020 10:50 AM MDT

I’ve never played team sports very much at all, I’m a bit on the smaller stature needed for most of them. For about the past 15 years, I’ve been very much into running, I describe myself as avid yet not competitive. I do it mostly to stay in shape and as a stress-reliever, it works for me in both those aspects. For many of those years, I belonged to a running club, so there was also a social aspect to it.  Unfortunately, that particular club disbanded in 2018, and I floated around with a couple of other local clubs for a while, but now with the advent of COVID19, everything in the running world has imploded. I still get out there on my own, especially now that I’m in early retirement, because I have so much free time. In fact, I ran ten miles just this morning, two days ago I ran seven miles. 

In addition to running, I’m also involved in gym workouts, and due to COVID19 again, it’s something I now do on my own at local parks or at home. 

I never want to be out of shape, out of good physical condition. 

~

September 15, 2020 10:51 AM MDT

As a kid, I was fairly athletic playing basketball with the kids in the schoolyard, swimming and playing badminton and hiking at camp.  Not so much after the age of 15 and definitely not now.
      September 15, 2020 10:54 AM MDT

On a scale of 1-10, I'm a -11.
      September 15, 2020 11:13 AM MDT

Not into sports at all for athletic. However I do swim and bike, so that's all. Maybe a little bit considering those. I did golf a little as a teen, but got out of it.
      September 16, 2020 6:20 PM MDT