Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » How's it goin'? What's up with you? Any new worries or are you doing just fine "under the circumstances of our lives"?

How's it goin'? What's up with you? Any new worries or are you doing just fine "under the circumstances of our lives"?

Posted - September 19, 2020

Responses

When we wake up, and we experienced the same old session of still life upsets, then we build flights of escapist creativity lust, be it good it's bad to the next person.
    This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at September 21, 2020 12:07 PM MDT
      September 19, 2020 9:38 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply CW. I have no idea what you said or mean or what your intention is. Sorry. Happy Saturday to thee and thine.
      September 19, 2020 9:49 AM MDT

It's going good and what is up with me is today I  officially start my Christmass decorating  (bringing my Christmas cactus back into the house. As far as worries go I got a big one because  I just found out that Donald Trump may now have a heat ray that he is planing on using in his fight agaist democracy. A couple of  days ago it was reported that Federal Officials considered using a heat ray to clear away the demonstrators in Lafayette square   so Trump could have his photo op in front of Church. If you  Google  "Trump  + Lafayette  square + heat ray" you will find more  information about it. Cheers and happy weekend!
      September 19, 2020 10:22 AM MDT

OMG Nanoose! A HEAT RAY? Ever hear of Buck Rogers? Before your time no doubt. A HEAT RAY? Sheesh. Thank you for your reply m'dear. This is what happens with Duck like Donald who is also a crackpot wackadoodlenoodle! Fear Not. He won't last. He is outclassed! :)
      September 19, 2020 11:08 AM MDT

Ya  it's a microwave type of thing that was invented in the early 2000s. There is a photo of Trump  standing in  front of a Church holding up a Bible. I'm sure you have seen it but if you take at look at now and constider that an hour before that photo was taken Trump considered using a heat ray on peacefull demonstrators so he could have a photo op in front of a Church  - dosen't  seem  like a very holly thing to do to me. Cheers and happy weekend!
      September 19, 2020 11:33 AM MDT

I remember. He had his mystery meat thugs TEARGAS peaceful protesters to get them out of the way for the fake photo bible church op. A HEAT RAY? What does it do? MELT PEOPLE? Thank you for your reply Nanoose and Happy Sunday to you! :)
      September 20, 2020 6:55 AM MDT

It makes peoples skin feel like it is on fire. Cheers!
      September 20, 2020 9:29 AM MDT

I read that. How swell. Thank you for your reply Nanoose.
      September 21, 2020 5:18 AM MDT

I made up a joke about how Donald Trump's brain probably
     worked when he was briefed about the heat ray. 
    Federal official - Mr. Presedent we have 3 possible ways on how to disperses the peacefull protesters so you can have your photo op in front of the church. 
    Number one: We use a newly developed heat ray to disperse the protesters but the heat ray could have long term damage to the protesters. 
    Donald Trump - heat ray. 
    Number two: We use tear gas and smoke bombs to disperse the protesters. 
    Donald Trump - heat ray. 
    Number 3: We wait 25 minutes then the 7:00 curfew will start and the protesters will disperse them selfs and go home. 
    Donald Trump - heat ray. 
    Cheers and happy weekend!
      September 19, 2020 7:34 PM MDT

Not funny hunny but you know that. I am going to ask a question about having demented duck as the head and what you can expect from it. Thank you for your reply. Wonder what the demented duck has up his wing today?
      September 21, 2020 5:20 AM MDT

Hi, Rosie. I'll say happy Sunday, since it will be when you read this. 

I am going to be okay. I've got troubles, but I'll float on. 

How are you? Are you voting by mail? 
      September 19, 2020 7:59 PM MDT

Hi sweetie. Yes we vote by mail and have since I had cancer surgery in January 2008. Jim does too. I mean I'm going to be 83 and he is going to be 85. This year we will NOT mail our ballots in when they are completed. We will drive to the Riverside County Registrar's Office about 28 miles away from Hemet and deposit them directly there. By then our mail delivery system may be totally blown up due to the demented duck's vast insecurity about his chances of being re-elected. They are nil if everything is done HONORABLY. He knows that so he and his equally demented toady sycophants have been working on totally destroying the possibility of a fair and honorable election. We may not get it but we sure as he** are going to try. We're doing okay all things considered. Thanks for asking and Happy day before the first day of autumn! :) ((hugs))
      September 21, 2020 5:24 AM MDT

Can't complain. No-one listens.
    You guys have a chance to kick His Royal Orangeness out in scant months. We're stuck with Murdererdoch's minion, the self-serving, self-righteous, hypocritical Pharisee, Prime Monster Scummo, until 2022 at least.
      September 19, 2020 9:13 PM MDT

Mitch McConnell. I hate the idiot too. Just his face sets my blood pressure higher. This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at September 20, 2020 9:48 AM MDT
      September 20, 2020 9:47 AM MDT

I listen. Why would I ask if I'm not going to listen?  But of course there are those whom I ignore completely since I really don't care what they have to say from prior experience. I know what it will be. It never varies. . Not you of course. We are long-timers from Answerbag days. I ALWAYS listen to what you have to say. Condolences on your  political situation. If there were anything I could do to help I would! Hang in until 2022. May luck be with you! Thank you for your reply R! :)
      September 21, 2020 5:27 AM MDT

That's. The. Joke. And if I whined and complained constantly, you would get sick of listening. Politics gives me hives.
    Let's talk sports instead. I really don't think Roger will feature prominently in a Slam tournament again, he's getting to an age where it takes longer to recover than until the next match. This injury will probably finish him as a contender, he'll most likely move to Masters and clobber everybody there instead. As for Ash, she's bound to be rusty after barely picking up a racquet since January. I'd like to see her go deep into the French but unless she can shake out the cobwebs with an easy draw, I don't like her chances.
      September 21, 2020 5:14 PM MDT

I brought this up on another thread a few minutes ago. I'm with you about Roger. It saddens me but I think the young ones coming up are just too good. We will have a lot of excellent tennis ahead but it isn't going to be with the ones we are used to seeing. I am not a fan of Djokovic. Jim likes him. Not me. There are some Canadians I like and of course Aussies...primarily Ash. She is tough feisty talented determined dynamo. She might well surprise you. I remember when Andre Agassi left and Steffi left and Lindsay Davenport. I always develop a special affection for those who are talented and also VERY NICE PEOPLE. I don't know what's happening with Nick. Watching the Masters in Rome ws weird but I like it better because crowds that yell annoy the he** outta me. Some crowds are rude. Things are nice and quiet on the court. All you hear is the smack of the racquet on the ball. Oh some players GRUNT which is unpleasant but mostly I'm enjoying it. I think now they're in Hamburg and the tryouts are going on in Paris. It will start September 27 and we'll be watching. Well Jim will. I will watch with a heavy heart. No Roger. Rafa may not win the French. He is not getting younger and he's had injuries. What male tennis player would you like to see win? Start the countdown. Thank youfor your reply R. I don't like change. Not a bit.
      September 22, 2020 1:44 AM MDT

You see, with all the accumulated trauma, it takes true mettle to survive. There is a shut down mechanism in the brain whereby it freezes up in place as a fight or flight response and relaxes as a survival mechanism. This is rare though. Trauma is my only mama. Until you've walked in another man's shoes...And it's all because of Republicans and Capitalism. Anxiety inducing Trump. This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at September 21, 2020 5:28 AM MDT
      September 20, 2020 9:38 AM MDT

My apologies to you CW. I oftentimes don't have a clue what you say to me. I'm sure it's me not you. This is one of those times. It's hard to get on board to support a demented duck as head of the country. I share your opinion of moscow mitch that son of an itch. All the spineless republican senators will boil in hell. I just thought of a question. You will recognize its source..this thread. Thank you for your reply. Sorry I didn't understand it. Happy day before the first day of autumn! :) This post was edited by RosieG at September 21, 2020 12:12 PM MDT
      September 21, 2020 5:30 AM MDT