Active Now

my2cents
Element 99
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Music » Those of you who know how to play two or more musical instruments: which was the easiest for you to learn to play, and why? ~

Those of you who know how to play two or more musical instruments: which was the easiest for you to learn to play, and why? ~

Posted - October 9, 2020

Responses

Guitar was the easiest.
    Basic stuff on the piano
    was the next easiest,
    and the hardest was 
    the Sitar.
    oh yeah the why...
    Probably because it was my only
    instrument when i was a kid. This post was edited by Baba at October 9, 2020 11:07 PM MDT
      October 9, 2020 8:39 PM MDT

Keyboards, probably because I started very young - my parents bought a house before I could walk that the previous owner had left an old pump organ behind in. I was doodling away on that as soon as I was big enough to reach the pedals and the keys at the same time. We moved when I was eight, again the previous owner had left behind an instrument - an ancient piano. Needed tuning and much of the board that held the strings was so badly warped that it couldn't be. I banged away on that so often that my mother had me taught, then when it proved that I actually had a little talent, they replaced it with a halfway decent one - still second-hand and relatively cheap (plastic keys rather than ivory, and the wooden black keys were painted, not ebony), but tuneable. My little sister learned on it too.
      November 1, 2020 6:20 AM MST

Thank you!
    ~
      November 1, 2020 10:44 AM MST