Active Now

Thebigd
Discussion » Questions » Business » At your workplace, is there a written policy addressing participation in politics, politicking, political imagery, etc.?

At your workplace, is there a written policy addressing participation in politics, politicking, political imagery, etc.?

If so, what is your opinion of the policy?  Is it fair? Intrusive? Restrictive of expression?  Too far-reaching? Too limited?  Biased?

If not, do you wish there was one?  Would it unnecessary? Would it be effective? Well-received? Ignored?

~

Posted - October 14, 2020

Responses

If you are "left" you are in.  Anything else is "out."

So very biased, it's hard to imagine. In a school setting where students are supposed to be taught how to look at a situation from all angles, yet they put the blinders on students to anything besides their own agenda. It creates a generation of people who do not listen, if they happen to hear they do not understand. It is very restrictive.  I keep my mouth shut as much as possible. 
      October 14, 2020 9:47 AM MDT

I commiserate fully with your assessment. Thank you for your answer.
    ~

October 14, 2020 9:49 AM MDT

Since our home is also the workplace for my husband and me, there aren't any political signs on our property at all, so I guess that means our workplace policy is no political signs.  We both agree with the policy.  We don't have bumper stickers on any of our cars or trucks, either.
      October 14, 2020 2:04 PM MDT

Excuse me, but where exactly is that located, please?  Thank you in advance, thank you for taking my call, and I’ll take my answer off the air. 

~

October 15, 2020 6:43 AM MDT

Oh, sorry, Randy.  Our records indicate that you've won a prize in the last 30 days.  Please try again later.  Goodbye.  *next caller, please*
      October 16, 2020 7:58 PM MDT

But I’m not calling in to win any prize, I just need the location information!  Wait, did you say that your records show I’ve won a prize in the last 30 days?  What prize?  I never received any prize! This is just a ruse to make me forget the location info!  You either owe me my prize or you wipe out that 30-day rule!  Why must you always twist things against my favor? Arrrgghhh!

October 16, 2020 9:21 PM MDT

You were supposed to pick up your prize at the station during normal business hours, but you never claimed your prize, so you forfeited your prize.  It's what the fast-talking guy says at the end of every promo.
      October 17, 2020 10:32 AM MDT

Employers have pretty broad power to limit this as far as I know, but I don't have a "workplace" anymore and will not state the law because I haven't had to research it in years and I'm sure it has changed since I caught up on it. This post was edited by Thriftymaid at October 14, 2020 9:44 PM MDT
      October 14, 2020 4:14 PM MDT

• It's not allowed.  We have strict uniform requirements, so we can't add extra buttons or pins to our uniforms.  It makes sense.  I think it would be strange for an air hostess to discuss politics with the passengers.
      October 14, 2020 9:44 PM MDT