Active Now

Malizz
Element 99
Shuhak
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Per the dumb cluck duck "85% of people who wear masks get the virus". He insists upon it. Are you pro or con his CONSISTENT INSISTENCE? Why?

Per the dumb cluck duck "85% of people who wear masks get the virus". He insists upon it. Are you pro or con his CONSISTENT INSISTENCE? Why?

He has spoke. He KNOWS. His photographer immunolosit brain trust atlas sez so. And the photographer would know.

Posted - October 16, 2020

Responses

CON!!! That man is an idiot. 
      October 16, 2020 5:34 AM MDT

Succinct! Sparse! To the point! Economical and potent use of words! Nothing excessive! Excellent Echooos! We agree. Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday to thee and thine. STAY SAFE! :)
      October 16, 2020 5:46 AM MDT

Happy Friday to you too. :)
      October 16, 2020 10:46 AM MDT

Thank you m'dear! :)
      October 16, 2020 11:43 AM MDT

When Trump makes statements like that, we all know he's talking out of his lowest porthole.
      October 16, 2020 9:09 AM MDT

I just GUFFAWED real loud. Caused Jim to jump! Funny. TRUE! Thank you for your reply L. The more he talks the more he drives people away. He doesn't have a clue. :)
      October 16, 2020 11:44 AM MDT

It is reported by the CDC that 85% of the people who have gotten the virus has claimed they wore their mask all or most the time.  

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/pdfs/mm6936a5-H.pdf This post was edited by my2cents at October 16, 2020 9:52 AM MDT
      October 16, 2020 9:51 AM MDT

The CDC, having been corrupted by Trump and his minions, has absolutely no credibility, so their claiming that 85% of people who wore their masks contracted the virus is not believable.
      October 16, 2020 12:42 PM MDT

They are just reporting on what the people in their control group reported to them.   It is not 85% of people who wore their masks got the virus. 
    It is a sample is a random set of patients included 314 symptomatic patients who actively sought testing during July 1–29, 2020 at 11 health care facilities. Of the people who tested positive for the virus: 85% claim they wore their mask all/most of the time.  (There is a difference)  

So where do you get your info?  Please do not say the WHO. 
      October 16, 2020 3:35 PM MDT

314 over 11 health care facilities is a very small test group.  That's about 31 people in each center for the entire month or about 1 person a day.  The responses are also unprovable.  It isn't as though anyone was following them around for a month.  I guess that sounds like really scientific, accurate and reliable test results.  Also, "all/most of the time" could indicate that they became infected at times when they weren't wearing masks,  Once the virus is in a person, wearing a mask is useless other than to prevent you from infecting others.  I get most of my information from Dr. Fauci and from Dr. Scott Gottlieb, former Commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration and member of the board of Pfizer.  Dr. Gottlieb is interviewed just about every week on Face the Nation. This post was edited by SpunkySenior at October 16, 2020 7:57 PM MDT
      October 16, 2020 4:39 PM MDT

I agree a very small sample. But that seems to be how they do everything. Medical samples, political polls...just a few hundred and extrapolate it from there.  It was from July. I think it would be interesting to see if the next few months also had the same result.  To me that polls/samples are good for seeing trends forming. 

Point of the mask is to prevent the infected from spreading. They do not do anything for the healthy person. 

Glad it is not the WHO. I do not trust Fauci myself. I think I have said before I was done with him when he said a Tender "date" was just a "relative risk" someone might take. Disgusting. 
    But yes a small sample. This post was edited by my2cents at October 16, 2020 7:56 PM MDT
      October 16, 2020 7:54 PM MDT

Masks are not worn to prevent you from getting the virus they are worn to prevent you from spreading the virus if you have it. So if everyone wore masks  the virus would not be spreading as bad as it is. Sometimes I think the reason Trump is so against masks is because they smudge his makeup. Cheers and happy weekend!
      October 16, 2020 11:04 AM MDT

And, every woman knows they don't like their makeup smeared.  :)
      October 16, 2020 12:42 PM MDT