Discussion » Questions » Politics » Biden says "I will be President of the entire country...no red/blue states" Does that apply to the "Ugly" "Chumps" who support Trump?

Biden says "I will be President of the entire country...no red/blue states" Does that apply to the "Ugly" "Chumps" who support Trump?

Is it ironic to call for unity while calling voters names? 

Posted - October 31, 2020

Responses

Very ironic but typical and ongoing by the person who said it.
      October 31, 2020 11:14 AM MDT

• Yeah, at least Trump makes no pretension of unity. He's honest about the fact that he only intends to be president for his base. 
      October 31, 2020 1:18 PM MDT

He does not call voters names.  Individual politicians yes but not voters. 

All politicians have positions on issues.  They should.  I want to know what I am voting for....I will not be having a beer or dinner with any of them.  But their decisions on laws and taxes etc will affect me. 

It is Trump who has reached out to the minority community.  Trump who talked to them and did something.   Biden told them he would talk to them after the election. Trump who reached out to former Bernie supporters.   

If Biden is elected he will not represent me and my positions on issues.  Neither will Harris when they kick Biden out. 
      October 31, 2020 1:37 PM MDT

• That's how we all should be voting, based on who we think will represent our positions, not on the character or temperament of the politician.

Trump has nothing but contempt for California and the people who live here. He will not represent my state or address the problems we have or address the issues of the people who have lost their homes in wildfires. That is a major reason why I cannot vote for him, although to be perfectly honest, state and local laws have more effect on me than on who is in the Oval Office. The most important part of the ballot for me was the state propositions, not the presidential vote. 
      October 31, 2020 1:54 PM MDT

If he only has contempt for CA people, why would he hold rallies there and fund raisers?   Which he has in the past.  Prior to the pandemic.

He has not prevented the Fed gov from helping with FEMA etc on the fires.   He did not prevent moneys to help with your fires either.  He sent the military ship to help save people when the virus hit CA as hard as it did.  Your Gov even said Trump did everything he asked for.  

You do not do that and have only contempt for a people.  This post was edited by my2cents at October 31, 2020 2:08 PM MDT
      October 31, 2020 2:03 PM MDT

Because California has 55 electoral votes.
      October 31, 2020 2:08 PM MDT

That Trump has 0 chance of getting.....try again. 
      October 31, 2020 2:10 PM MDT

You try again---which field of political science do you claim expertise in?
      October 31, 2020 3:02 PM MDT

So you believe there is a chance Trump can win CA?   That is funny. That is like claiming he has a chance in NY.   
    There is more of a chance of me voting for Biden than Trump winning CA or NY. 
      October 31, 2020 4:59 PM MDT

No

But if you don't understand my answer, well, I don't know how I can help.
      November 3, 2020 12:02 PM MST

That is strangely comforting to me.

But the principle is enlightened self interest---not just self interest.
      October 31, 2020 2:06 PM MDT