Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Holidays » Was Halloween cancelled where you are or did people still celebrate?

Was Halloween cancelled where you are or did people still celebrate?

Posted - October 31, 2020

Responses

Some people canceled it, others didn't.  Trick-or-treating was supposed to be canceled, but several neighborhoods did it anyway.  Several drive-through halloween parties were held for the kids during the day.
      October 31, 2020 10:04 PM MDT

Trick-or-treat has never been a thing here. I occasionally dress up if work has an event happening - this year it was Saturday so I didn't. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at November 2, 2020 9:43 PM MST
      November 1, 2020 1:17 AM MDT

I don't even know.  I forgot about it.  My doorbell didn't ring..........kids might not even know how to ring it. 
      November 1, 2020 2:19 AM MST

I hope they cancel it for good, it is an evil holiday masked as something fun.
      November 1, 2020 7:33 AM MST

Saturday was cool.
    Parents and kids all walking the street in costumes.
    All brought a smile to my face,
    and a warm feeling in my heart.
    Don't know if there was a lot of trick or treating.
    They always go up into the richer neighborhoods,
    however one of my neighbors houses just sold for 3.5 Million,
    so i don't know what that says...haha
      November 1, 2020 7:50 AM MST

It was not cancelled here, but we did not turn on the porch light this year. Only a few dozen kids out, too. Half price for candy today, though.
      November 1, 2020 8:38 AM MST

Not a single hobgoblin came a calling last night. 
      November 1, 2020 12:45 PM MST

Not cancelled here.
    But we are on a back road out of town so we do not get trick or treaters. That is the only bad thing about not having a lot of neighbors. 
      November 1, 2020 12:51 PM MST

Didn't see anyone out around here.
      November 1, 2020 4:45 PM MST

We didn't even notice because my wife and I were at an event far away from our home from about noon to about 8:30 pm.  We were not at a residential area nor were there any children around.

How about where you are?

~
      November 2, 2020 12:34 AM MST

I think there were probably about 1/4 the normal number of trick-or-treaters in my neighborhood. Roughly the same number of households were giving out candy though. However, quite a few were giving out more- larger candy and big bags of candy- all anticipating there'd be fewer houses giving and not wanting the kids to miss out.

We saw a lot of different methods of candy-giving too. Attempting to keep things contactless, some left lots of individual bags out. Others attached candy to kebab sticks and placed them at the perimeter of their yards. A couple of people installed candy shoots- 6-foot tunnels with one end at the sidewalk and the other in their yard. They'd drop pieces in as kids came by. Lots of ingenuity all around. It was kind of cool.
      November 2, 2020 9:51 PM MST

Was there a sandwich option?

(I'm jes' sayin'.)
      November 2, 2020 9:57 PM MST

A neighbor from the street above we are not acquainted with mailed us a three page list of rules we all were to follow. Things like putting candy in a bag and leaving it at the front of our property to be "contactless" and the like. She quite laid down the law which we both found very presumptuous. Which we ignored in favor of just regular trick-or-treaters but we only had four groups this year.  Not many younger children on our part of the street any longer. 

December 7, 2020 8:15 PM MST