Active Now

Element 99
Slartibartfast
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Arts » Do you think it would be fun to watch artists paint giant murals on buildings?

Do you think it would be fun to watch artists paint giant murals on buildings?

That may be what I will do tomorrow if my friends go. If not we'll go watch a movie, or maybe do both. The weather outside is amazing. 

Posted - October 14, 2016

Responses

I'd like to paint a giant mural on a building.  
      October 14, 2016 8:26 PM MDT

That's called graffiti.  lol
      October 15, 2016 6:32 AM MDT

Ha ha ha!

We have quite a few murals here.  The top picture dates back to 1932, when the building was scheduled to be demolished in 1979, the arts council bought it to save the mural.  We also have a program where kids convicted for graffiti may be required to paint murals as part of their punishment.  It is pretty cool when you drive through a rough part of town to see a beautiful mural painted on a building.  

http://www.mycitymag.com/the-famous-vernors-mural/

http://www.eastvillagemagazine.org/2016/07/06/gallery-on-the-go-cleaning-up-flint-brightening-minds-one-mural-at-a-time/

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2014/06/take_a_tour_of_flints_vibrant.html
      October 15, 2016 1:24 PM MDT

sounds cool
    have fun 
    raining here
      October 14, 2016 8:36 PM MDT

Ya sounds like fun. Cheers and happy weekend!
      October 14, 2016 9:15 PM MDT

• I wouldn't care to watch it being done,  but I would like to see it after its finished. 
      October 14, 2016 9:41 PM MDT

I'd like to watch, and I'd like to participate! 
      October 14, 2016 9:45 PM MDT

I have watched as a concrete wall was covered with a beautiful scene.  I saw it each morning and then during my lunch break and again when I left the office.  I enjoyed watching it become. 
      October 14, 2016 9:49 PM MDT

As a child growing up that I experience the same type of artwork being done across the community where I live. My family as a child and my family now great enjoyed watch artist do major artwork on side of buildings. Many schools, churches, other community places has done that. It use to set the tone of the play they coming to. For example the community center they paint a pictures of differ sports, swimming, friendship pictures. School has taking one wall in the classroom to paint a sense that would be relate to that age group of the classroom. 

I what to said thank you to you. You are a great blessing here on Answer Mug. Thanks for playing a positive role in our life. 
      October 14, 2016 10:18 PM MDT

What's amazing about the weather?
      October 15, 2016 12:22 AM MDT

Yes. Absolutely.  I also would love painting one myself. 
      October 15, 2016 12:43 AM MDT

Painting on your self is call body painting. At festival at school they would have a painting face contest. See all the kids with differ art work on their face is so cool. It builds unity, closeness between the kids and other kids. Parent get a great joy out of this. It remove gender walls because the kid can do things together without a gender label being put on it. Now at many nudist places they do body painting of the complete body. 

Image result for face painting

When I talking about artist on buildings. I not talking about where they paint the walls of the building a color and painting the window frames or doors another color. I talking about artist doing a art work which showing what this place is about. it set a tone for that place. For example at the elementary school where I kids go to. There is a tall brick wall in front of the school which is about 6 feet high and about 20 feet wide. Well the art school at the local college did a art work on it.. It show a background of classroom with children sitting at the table on books, pens. The sitting of the picture let the children know you coming here to learn. So as the children come to school each day it set the tone for the kids to know why you are here. 

This is a building that the artist done. I more talking aobut when they do differ art work on the walls of the building to show the type of place it is. 
    Image result for artist painting on buildings

This is what I talking about: I copy some of the pictures but you can go to this website. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-3697060/Just-lick-paint-Artist-transforms-drab-buildings-stunning-3D-optical-illusion-murals-resembling-vibrant-street-scenes.html

The building was to be used as a tourist centre
    The inspiration for the mural on this building in Vaux- en-Beaujolais is from the novel Clochemerle by Gabriel Chevallier
     SLIDE ME 

The inspiration for the mural on this building in��Vaux- en-Beaujolais is from the novel��Clochemerle��by Gabriel Chevallier. It was painted on a building that was to be used as a tourist centre

This building in Estrablin once housed Café Reynaud
    Commecy used the space to pay tribute to its owner Louis through his mural
     SLIDE ME 

This building in��Estrablin once housed��Caf�� Reynaud. Commecy used the space to pay tribute to its owner Louis through his mural

Le Puy en Velay is en route to Santiago de Compostela
    This building in the commune has been painted with the steps leading up to the famous cathedral at the end of the pilgrimage
     SLIDE ME 

This post was edited by BlueJay at October 15, 2016 11:37 AM MDT
      October 15, 2016 5:51 AM MDT

Watching paint dry is not one of my favorite things to do. 

I probably care as much about art as I do about sports.

October 15, 2016 1:36 AM MDT

We have lots of them in our old south end...but watching someone paint them would be boring to me and it is a high crime area and this old white guy might get mugged. This post was edited by Element 99 at October 15, 2016 2:35 AM MDT
      October 15, 2016 2:08 AM MDT

Yeah, mugged by Carty Finkbeiner!
      October 15, 2016 3:51 AM MDT

He lives in my neighborhood and we would have quite  joust with our walking canes.
      October 15, 2016 7:59 PM MDT

• Watching: the logistics for access are feat even before one stroke of paint gets applied.

Most love seeing the small sketch being copied large using a scaled grid.

Doing: worked on a mural for the south end of Bondi Beach, just beside the kiddies’ pool.

It was a strip, 70 meters long by 2.1 high, showing images from first organisms through evolution to industry and space travel.

Kids’ ceramics, left over tilers’ tiles, shards of pottery and fragments of mirrors for the Aboriginal mimi images all went into it.

Twenty years later, it’s still there weathering the waves and elements just fine.

Supervising: organizing delinquent kids to design and execute their own work on school walls.

Pulled them together as a team, gave them a sense of pride and accomplishment,

transformed their attitude to school into loving being there and becoming good students.

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at October 15, 2016 1:29 PM MDT
      October 15, 2016 1:27 PM MDT

it does sound like fun except for the climbing
      October 16, 2016 7:35 PM MDT