Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Fauci said even vaccine we would not get back to normal until 2022. Now Biden wins, he says pandemic no longer. Which Fauci do you believe?

Fauci said even vaccine we would not get back to normal until 2022. Now Biden wins, he says pandemic no longer. Which Fauci do you believe?

Pre-election Fauci:

"If we get a vaccination campaign, and by the second or third quarter of 2021 we have vaccinated a substantial proportion of the people, I think it will be easily by the end of 2021, and perhaps even into the next year, before we start having some semblances of normality," Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said during a University of Melbourne panel, CNN reported Wednesday.

Or

Post-Election Fauci:

"Certainly it's not going to be a pandemic for a lot longer because I believe the vaccines are going to turn that around," Fauci said.

Posted - November 13, 2020

Responses

yes, it will take a long time until everything about this virus is over......

It suck cuz i cant visit my mom meanwhile i must stay where im at 

November 13, 2020 7:41 AM MST

What is this, The Anti-Corner Corner?

November 13, 2020 7:44 AM MST

Nope just a question.   This is the main section of the site. 
      November 13, 2020 8:47 AM MST

Maybe because he knows Biden will distribute the vaccine to all the states not just the red ones like Trump might of done, Cheers!
      November 13, 2020 9:11 AM MST

LOL.  Biden people are talking about distributing it GLOBALLY.... and his Covid adviser (Ezekiel Emanuel) thinks after 75 yrs old you should not get it.  Also NO cancer screenings either.  He does not even think regular Flu shots should be wasted on those over 75.  Disgusting man really. 
      November 13, 2020 9:49 AM MST

Pre-election Pfizer ad now Moderna did not have approval for distributing a vaccine.  As circumstances change, science changes with it and Dr. Fauci has amended his position based on the science and the approval of the vaccines.  Why would you think that when someone issues a statement it should remain as such no matter how much things change after that?  
      November 13, 2020 9:17 AM MST

NO company has approval at this point.  
    The change was the election.....

You think Fauci would at least give President Trump credit for Operation Warp Speed to develop these vaccines.  This post was edited by my2cents at November 13, 2020 9:43 AM MST
      November 13, 2020 9:41 AM MST

I can't speak for Moderna, but Pfizer took not one cent from the federal government to develop their vaccine.  Trump has been so disrespectful to Dr. Fauci that I can't imagine him saying anything nice about Trump at all.  
      November 13, 2020 11:29 AM MST

The Warp Speed program was not only about money. And I guarantee they used the data that was shared. 

Respect goes both ways and Fauci threw plenty of disrespect Trump's way as well.  But does not change the fact that Operation Warp Speed worked even with Fauci claiming it would not and it would still take years to get a vaccine.  
      November 13, 2020 12:15 PM MST

Dr. Fauci always impressed me as being extremely knowledgeable in his chosen field of expertise who was thrown into the public spotlight, a man of above-average intelligence, well-spoken even if not a polished public speaker, both polite and respectful, humble enough to admit his own reversal of opinion. Donald Trump has never shown himself to be any of those things. If and when Dr. Fauci may have been less than deferent toward Donald Trump, it came after several repeated jibes that Trump threw at him behind his back or about him behind his back. Even then, nothing that Dr. Fauci said about or in reference to Donald Trump ever rose to the level of vile that Trump blurted about Fauci.

If you’re going to make opinion statements that you expect others to receive as fact, it would be best that you include more relevance and context rather than mere conjecture.

I do not and cannot state that Fauci has always been correct on what he’s stated publicly, and I do know for a fact that Trump twisted Fauci’s words sometimes and on at least one occasion directly misquoted Fauci as if to make it seem as if a statement about medical care and virus avoidance was policy backed up by Fauci’s endorsement.
    ~

November 13, 2020 1:01 PM MST

I personally lost all respect for Dr Fauci's medical opinions when he told people that Tinder "dates" were just a matter of "relative risk." This a fact...feel free to google it if you doubt me. 

He should have told people it was a dangerous action during this pandemic.  Not even considering his other expertise risk involved...HIV. 

Personally,  I would have fired him immediately after that answer. 

You will have to get me more of what you are talking about for your last paragraph. 
      November 13, 2020 3:07 PM MST