Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Politics » Barefaced, unapologetic admission of corruption - if you can't believe the President elect, who CAN you believe?

Barefaced, unapologetic admission of corruption - if you can't believe the President elect, who CAN you believe?

https://youtu.be/WGRnhBmHYN0

Posted - November 15, 2020

Responses

November 15, 2020 8:07 AM MST

ok I've seen that too.. and we do KNOW that Biden sometimes makes mistakes in his speech..  The interviewers actually also explain that he probably did just make a mistake.. One has to be logical and reasoning about this..  the CONTEXT of what he was saying was clear.. had it not been so that would be different.. so it's hard to explain why some people seem unable to assimilate and take that on board. 

Harris also made a mistake..  it happens..  

We do know that Trump has made many mistakes himself..  so really this is calling the pot calling the kettle black.. 

I don't know about you.. you may be a paragon of virtue and never make mistakes.. but I know I have.. This post was edited by Adaydreambeliever at November 15, 2020 2:06 PM MST
      November 15, 2020 2:04 PM MST

I just posted the video from another source because the one in the question is being censored by youtube. 

Personally, do not believe Biden is smart enough to pull it off. But there are others in the background who very well may have.  
      November 15, 2020 3:50 PM MST

That clip is too short.It takes the words out of context.

He is probably trying to say that the USA already has the world's most extensive systems for checking whether or not there is fraud in any of the votes or electoral processes.

It might be hubris. Has he double checked with experts who study all the electoral systems around the world?

Even so, it is widely agreed by journalists around the world that the USA does have one of the best systems of checks and balances.
    I doubt that they would be wrong, but I'd like to know how they arrive at that conclusion.
      November 16, 2020 5:27 PM MST

Again I only posted the video because youtube was censoring the video from the question. 

I know the video is edited and out of context. Biden was talking about fighting voter fraud here.    I do believe the phrasing may in fact have been a Freudian slip.   Or it could be just be Biden being the general gaffe machine that he has been for 50 yrs. 

As I said above I do not believe he is smart enough to accomplish it anymore.  But his supporters in the establishment are smart enough.  But I still am hoping, we triumph in the courts. I think something big is getting ready to break. 
      November 16, 2020 5:46 PM MST

Yes, he does make gaffes from time to time - more than he did as a younger man.
    But I think his heart and character are in the right place. He's more of a centrist and a negotiator and he wants to try to heal the rifts that have been driving the US towards civil unrest and the brink of civil war.
    And yes, I'm pretty sure he will be keen to listen to his advisors and the experts.
      November 16, 2020 5:50 PM MST

I disagree with Biden on policy. And believe he will cause the economy to decrease and likely get into more wars. 
      November 16, 2020 6:00 PM MST

I know you are a conservative voter, and I believe I can guess the reasons why you think he will be bad for the economy.

Actually, I think all countries' economies will struggle for at least the next eight years due to Covid.
    One thing is turning up very clearly - it's nearly impossible to get the numbers of infections and rates of deaths down without four or five stages of lockdown, widespread testing and contact tracing, isolations, quarantines, social distancing, masks, good hygiene and border controls.

Lockdowns would be very hard to enforce in some places because some people refuse to cooperate, and less strenuous methods have proved less effective.

It's a terrible catch-22 and there is absolutely no easy way out.

Even with vaccines on the way, it is not certain whether enough people will be willing to be vaccinated to make a significant difference.
      November 16, 2020 6:20 PM MST

Headline   Democrats Look at Trump Voters and Wonder, ‘What the Hell Is Your Problem?’

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/11/04/democrats-trump-voters-434100
      November 16, 2020 6:37 PM MST

I believe even without Covid. Biden's policies would be bad for the economy. 

The vaccine will do wonders. We also are learning how to treat it as well. I have a family member who got Covid. She has a lot of health issues. Pre-Diabetic, COPD, Kidney failure (dialysis 3 days a week), sleep apnea among other things. She is now Covid free. Thank God. 
    So I know treatments are getting better. 

Lockdowns like that will kill the economy. Causing untold devastation. Loss of businesses, jobs, housing, increasing suicides, more domestic abuse, food insecurity, deathes from other diseases not being able to be treated.  

Lockdowns are not the way. 
      November 17, 2020 6:39 AM MST

The president
      November 15, 2020 12:31 PM MST

To be fair Trump is known and acknowledged even by his fans to be a multi-times liar.. I could cite at least a list of examples..
      November 15, 2020 2:00 PM MST

Please do that; be sure you leave nothing out.
      November 16, 2020 2:41 AM MST