Active Now

Element 99
DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Family » Topic: nieces and nephews. As an adult, have you had many of your siblings children grow up near to where you live(d)?

Topic: nieces and nephews. As an adult, have you had many of your siblings children grow up near to where you live(d)?

I joined the Marine Corps at age 18 and since then I have never lived near my mother nor my siblings. I do not even know all of their childrens’ names, dates of birth or ages. At last count, my eldest sister, four years my senior, is the only grandparent among my siblings and I. Her son fathered one child and her daughter gave birth to two children.

~

Posted - December 1, 2020

Responses

All of us lived in the same general vicinity until about 20 years ago when my youngest sister and her family moved to Pennsylvania for her job.  They have remained there.  I have a niece and her family in Arkansas, I have a niece and her family upstate.  The rest of us are in relatively close proximity.
      December 1, 2020 9:02 PM MST

December 1, 2020 9:03 PM MST

"... children grow grew up near..."

If "near" means the living room, then 3.
    The other 2 grew up in Southern California until they were 11 and 12, then they moved to 1 mile away.
      December 1, 2020 9:49 PM MST

It’s not “grew”, because there are potentially some people on here whose nieces and nephews are still minors and still growing up. Thank you. 

~

December 2, 2020 12:00 AM MST

I stand corrected.
      December 2, 2020 9:19 AM MST

I have numerous nieces, nephews and grands also in this area.
      December 2, 2020 7:41 AM MST

Since adulthood, I've never lived closer to my sister than 4,000 k's.
    She had a daughter who drowned at two years of age, and no other  kids.

When visiting Mum, we took care to avoid each other.
      December 2, 2020 6:06 PM MST