Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Should a State Rep be punished for attempting to doxx a witness on live TV?

Should a State Rep be punished for attempting to doxx a witness on live TV?

A lady was testifing to what she witnessed in the MI election.  At the end the Congresspersons had the opportunity to ask questions. 
The Representative's question was 'What is your name? How do you spell it? What was your maiden name? '
These were the only questions the State Representative asked of the woman. 
The woman answered and told her middle name as well. 

Should this be allowed by a State Congressperson? 

Posted - December 3, 2020

Responses

dox
    /dÉ’ks/

verb
    INFORMAL
    past tense: doxxed; past participle: doxxed
    1. search for and publish private or identifying information about (a particular individual) on the internet, typically with malicious intent.

I am mystified.

It would be an error to make assumptions about the congressperson's intentions - unless there is evidence that she subsequently used the info to troll the witness online.

To me, the congressperson sounds like an idiot; the questions of identity that would have been already answered at the start of the testimony.

~ ~ ~
      Though I know no one would agree, I believe all potential candidates for public office should sit a series of intelligence tests. In addition, I think they should have a well-rounded education in history,law, ethics, economics, sociology and science. It seems to me that candidates are not nearly well-screened enough by their own parties. Perhaps we should even considered conscripting the best people.

December 3, 2020 2:50 PM MST

Anytime I hear supposedly educated, intelligent, and professional people say, “He was like,” or “And then I was like,” I immediately lose respect for them. Unfortunately, it happens practically on a daily basis now. 

:(

December 3, 2020 6:08 PM MST

I believe if they took the word "like" out of the English language, 90% of people couldn't hold a conversation.
      December 3, 2020 10:17 PM MST

You’re probably right!

December 3, 2020 10:40 PM MST

The Representative was not being respectful to any of the witnesses for the entire time she was there. Interrupting. Trying to speak over them. Making speeches about why they should not even be there. This was a 5+hr hearing. That day alone. There was two days of testimony. 

I am certain she personally did not follow up online to troll this woman.   The point was to get others to do it for her.  Or to show up at this woman's home/job.  
    I loved the witness' bravery. 

In my opinion, this behavior should not be tolerated by any Congress...State or Federal.  I know there are penalties for their bad behavior that other Congress members can impose. 
      December 4, 2020 5:48 AM MST

I don't believe there is any such thing as a state congressperson. The proper title is congressman or congresswoman, and it is a federal legislative title befitting a member of the US House of Representatives.
      December 3, 2020 6:40 PM MST

Whatever you want to call her. She is a State Representative in the MI House of Representatives. 
      December 3, 2020 8:41 PM MST

Of course, it doesn't really matter since, as Barr said, "we have not seen fraud on a scale that could have effected a different outcome in the election."
      December 3, 2020 9:01 PM MST

Please don't confuse us with facts.
      December 3, 2020 10:18 PM MST

Did he say that on camera? There are some reporting that is not what was said.  They are still investigating it.

In any case, Barr is not who will be deciding anything. 

Has he responded since the new video out of GA? 
      December 4, 2020 5:52 AM MST

How exactly does Barr saying anything about the election excuse the purposeful doxxing of an American citizen by a State Representative? 
      December 4, 2020 6:05 AM MST

I didn't see it, but perhaps it has to do with the credibility of the witness.
      December 4, 2020 7:29 AM MST

The Congresswoman had NO other questions. Just her name, how to spell it and her maiden name.  
    This witness' name would have been in the record and was announced before she testified.   
    This was a very compelling witness. With a lot of prior experience in election work. 
      December 4, 2020 7:39 AM MST