Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Either figuratively or literally, what was the loneliest road you ever had to travel in your life?

Either figuratively or literally, what was the loneliest road you ever had to travel in your life?

~

Posted - December 4, 2020

Responses

OMG, are you invading my mind?  Figuratively, all through my life I sometimes, suddenly, become aware of heart-gripping loneliness while driving down the road. The road and everything on both sides seem like a prison. That leaves the minute I get out of the car. It has not happened since I met honey.  :   )
      December 4, 2020 9:47 AM MST

The loneliest road I ever traveled was after I lost my first love to another man.
      December 5, 2020 11:29 AM MST

Literally, if given the option, I'll always choose the road less traveled. I've had incredible experiences and taken some of my favorite photos while traveling 'lonely' roads. 

Figuratively, I guess I'd say my marriage was a long and lonely road. To me, emotional loneliness is most intense when you're with someone and feel alone.  
      December 5, 2020 9:11 PM MST

Literally, Truro to Burra en route to Hawker a couple of months back. Nothing else on it.
      December 5, 2020 11:39 PM MST