Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » My daughter's hospital in the past week: 11 dead from covid, beds full, 3-8 hour wait in the ER for other things.

My daughter's hospital in the past week: 11 dead from covid, beds full, 3-8 hour wait in the ER for other things.

Are you having a good day?

Posted - December 10, 2020

Responses

I heard the bureaucrats had orders to foot-drag until the population is down to a more manageable <300M. I don't know how true it is so don't quote me - I'm just the humble messenger.
    They seem to be doing a commendable job so far though - I think I trust bureaucrats more than I trust governments. Just so long as vaccination exclusions remain high and vaccine effectivity low we should meet our target. 
      December 10, 2020 8:36 AM MST

How awful.  I feel terrible for all the nurses and other hospital staff having no respite from this virus.  The newscasts are getting harder to listen to because of the surge.  This was expected after the Thanksgiving holiday.  With Christmas right around the corner, it will likely get even worse.  The worst part is that, before long, hospitals will become so overwhelmed that doctors will have to make the God-like decision of who to treat and who to let pass on.  

Thanks to your daughter and her colleagues for their unrelenting dedication.
      December 10, 2020 8:37 AM MST

And yet there are still lots of people protesting, claiming that it's all a lie.

(a fool and his lungs are soon parted?)
      December 10, 2020 10:48 AM MST

So sorry to hear it's hitting your area so hard.
    Please stay safe.
      December 10, 2020 4:58 PM MST

My best to her and everyone in similar careers and jobs.  I have huge respect. Yes, heroes. 

And my best to you, too.

To answer your question, yes  -- along with the things you shared, I always try to have good days and take care of myself / respect others and remember the people and things in my life for which to be grateful, like people like your daughter. 
      December 11, 2020 5:40 AM MST

Thanks, bro.
      December 13, 2020 12:24 PM MST

Thank YOU.
    Your kindness is well received by me in the middle of the night over a challenging-in-some-ways weekend for me. :)
      December 13, 2020 11:39 PM MST

It will get better. (Hugs to you and your family). 

Stay well. 
      December 12, 2020 9:09 PM MST

Thanks.
      December 13, 2020 12:24 PM MST