Active Now

Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Music » Sane and answerable question #5: How much does the music featured in a film or TV program factor into your enjoyment of it?

Sane and answerable question #5: How much does the music featured in a film or TV program factor into your enjoyment of it?

Posted - December 19, 2020

Responses

Yes, I understand what you're saying and I agree with you to a good extent. I do think there are some very creative minds involved with selecting songs for films, and especially TV shows. An example I'll use is Breaking Bad. There were so many fantastic song selections that went into the series that enhanced it exponentially. 

Do you have 'Into The Wild'? One of my favorites. :)

Merry holidays, happy Christmas, etc., my friend!
      December 21, 2020 5:20 PM MST

Thanks! Best to you, too!

Been really busy non-stop with work literally for almost two weeks.

Yes, like my reply with Randy D, I get your point, too.

I've not even seen "Into the Wild," believe it or not.  :(
      December 28, 2020 2:15 PM MST

Thank you. Hope get a nice break from work soon!

I thought about this thread and you when I watched 'On Golden Pond' the other night. Fantastic score in that film! 
      December 28, 2020 5:35 PM MST

There is nice music in that one for me, too, you're right. :)
      January 1, 2021 4:01 PM MST

I am aware of the music and do believe it enhances a good production but don't think it can make what I would consider a bad one any better. Many British TV series have wonderfully evocative instrumental music I do look forward to. Composers such as Geoffrey Burgon, Nick Ingman, and the man who recently passed away that did all the Morse and Lewis and Endeavor detective shows. 
      December 20, 2020 7:40 PM MST

I agree. Unless the music is good and loud enough to drown out the dialogue! 

December 21, 2020 5:23 PM MST