Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » The U.K. is now completely LOCKED DOWN. Germany is set to extend its HARD LOCKDOWN. California extended its LOCKDOWN. You next?

The U.K. is now completely LOCKED DOWN. Germany is set to extend its HARD LOCKDOWN. California extended its LOCKDOWN. You next?

Will every country be locked down eventually? Will that help at all but nothing we do seems to.

Posted - January 5, 2021

Responses

Nope.
      January 5, 2021 8:15 AM MST

No.  It works "on paper", but in reality there's one wildcard that's impossible to account for... people.  One can tell them (laws/rules), threaten them ("if/then"), punish them (fines, jail, etc.), or whatever.  But in the end, they're always going to do what they want to do... and then complain about it.

People - Make it go away !

Leaders - Ok; do this and it will go away

People - We ain't doing that! 

Leaders - But you said you wanted it to go away.

People - Repression!  Repression!

Leaders - Fine!  Then don't do it!

People - Why is it getting worse?  Make it go away! This post was edited by Shuhak at July 10, 2021 4:55 AM MDT
      January 5, 2021 11:03 AM MST

I know. But I really don't want to hear your no? Ya know? Maybe that's the fly in the ointment. They conflat NO and KNOW? Could it be so? I don't know. I WANT but on my terms not yours. Right? Right! So here comes a question about it m'dear! Thank you for your once again truthful response! :)
      January 6, 2021 5:53 AM MST

Really the only things the restrictions can do is slow the spread of the disease so the hospitals are not overwhelmed and to raise the chances o f most of the population becoming vaccinated before they pick up the virus.

I saw a newspaper headline to the effect that we could be seeing similar curbs next Winter, too. I didn't buy the paper so I don't know what they actually said in the text, or who they were quoting / misquoting / partially quoting; but I thought the last thing we want is an idea like that being put around even if we might privately think it. For Goodness' sake, give us some hope! 
      January 6, 2021 2:51 PM MST

Now we are at July 10, 2021 Durdle. There may be more spikes/surges due to the Delta Variant and Delta Plus. Still millions refused to be vaxed. Countries that opened up are shutting down again. It may be an endless chain. I don't know. Thank you for your reply and apologies for the delay. I keep trying to keep up and catch up. This is one of those balls I dropped. Happy Saturday to thee and thine! :)
      July 10, 2021 4:16 AM MDT

Here in Michigan, our governor does pretty much anything she wants to do even when it doesn't need to be done. The cases of Covid-19 and hospitalizations are slowing across the board. Of course, that doesn't mean much to the governor. If she wants to lock us down or extend a lockdown, she will. Her power trip got out of hand some time ago This post was edited by rusureamisure? at July 10, 2021 5:15 AM MDT
      January 6, 2021 3:14 PM MST

Sydney is under hard lockdown, because people JUST WON'T LISTEN and the government screwed up the vaccine roll-out royally (and is refusing to take the blame for it).
      July 10, 2021 4:57 AM MDT

FL open and still open. TX same thing.  No surge. Lockdowns do not work. 
    We have treatments that work but they do not want us to know. They wamt us to fear.   
      July 10, 2021 5:21 AM MDT