Discussion » Questions » Politics » If there were reasonable suspicion of fraud in an election, how do you think a sane and rational president should handle it?

If there were reasonable suspicion of fraud in an election, how do you think a sane and rational president should handle it?

Trump thought he had reason to suspect fraud anyway.

Posted - January 6, 2021

Responses

Go to court.  Problem is courts refused to do their job. They refused to examine any case on the merits. Just dismissed based on standing and timing issues...
      January 6, 2021 8:19 PM MST

How would you have reacted if you were president and the courts treated you the same way?
      January 6, 2021 8:33 PM MST

I would be going to the states legistlatures. 
    I would not concede.  Concede means you agree you lost. 
      January 7, 2021 5:49 AM MST

Is there a good chance you would be satisfied with your concerns being handled by the legislatures?
    Supposing your case was properly presented, 'course.

Is that the route Trump took or did he just go as far as the courts?
      January 7, 2021 6:24 AM MST

I don't know that he appealled directly to the state legislatures (not Gov or SOS). I do not know that it would have helped. Some states wanted to go back into session to address their elections but were prevented by their governors. In fact 5 of the 6 contested states had Congress members who wrote letters asking for VP to send their electors back to do a real audit. Did not matter.  Would it have if started talking with them first? IDK. This post was edited by my2cents at January 7, 2021 6:51 AM MST
      January 7, 2021 6:33 AM MST

I'm just wondering what actual grounds Trump had to claim he was cheated out of a landslide victory.. or were some of his claims just totally groundless?
    Why did Mr Pulitzer not ever do the verifications.he could have accomplished? 
    This post was edited by Kittigate at January 7, 2021 7:14 AM MST
      January 7, 2021 6:59 AM MST

That is just it...the courts never listened to the evidence. 
    I listened to several hearing from mulitple states. (AZ, WI, MI and GA) 
    I do not know what happened with Pulitzers being allowed to examine the ballots.  I have heard some things. From ballots shredding to confirmation of computer filled in ballots. But nothing confirmed through any gov report...or report to the state of GA. 

There is a lot of evidence. Of illegal addresses, non residents, dead voters, no observers (on video), machines failed on 105k of 113K ballots, more ballots than people listed as a voting, ballots excepted after date, law changed by other than Legistlatures....etc Yes the numbers added up to enough to overcome the difference in the states. 

The 
      January 7, 2021 7:14 AM MST

Alright thanks.
      January 7, 2021 7:19 AM MST