Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Now authorities in Washington, DC, are deploying armed National Guardsmen to protect the city.

Now authorities in Washington, DC, are deploying armed National Guardsmen to protect the city.

When rioters attacked the White House last summer, Trump was told that he should not use use military forces to put them down.  When Antifa thugs spent over a hundred days laying siege to a federal courthouse in Portland, Oregan, Democrats called the federal law enforcement officials defending the courthouse stormtroopers.  When the Capital Police asked for help from the National Guard because they were afraid that they would not be able to handle the number of protestors that were coming and their were reports of groups organizing to attack the Capital, those requests were denied because the politician feared the optics of having military troops in the streets.  Now that the government is going to be entirely in the hands of the Democrats, they have no problem with National Guardsmen being stationed around the city with authorization to use lethal force to prevent riots.

Don't get me wrong here.  I have consistently condemned all violence regardless of who it is that commits it.  I have no problem with deploying the National Guard to protect DC amidst the continued reports of threats of violence in response to Biden's inauguration.  However, why is it that the Democrats only seemed to be concerned about this now that they are poised to take over full control of the government?  Why weren't they concerned about it when the White House and a federal courthouse were under attack last summer?  Why did they not think that it was appropriate to bring in the National Guard to protect everyday people whose businesses and neighborhoods were being destroyed?  Why is it that they only care about stopping riots when it is THEM who are threatened?

https://www.theblaze.com/news/national-guard-troops-capitol-lethal-force
https://thenationalpulse.com/breaking/ex-capitol-police-chief-says-pelosi-mcconnells-sergeants-at-arms-refused-security-measures-while-new-timeline-proves-trump-incitement-claims-bogus/

Posted - January 16, 2021

Responses

I was under the impression that many on the left strongly advocated for the so-called “defunding” of law enforcement agencies . . . oh, wait.  That was before they themselves needed law enforcement agencies to serve and protect them.  Disregard all calls for defunding. 

January 16, 2021 9:56 PM MST

Superspreader event. 
      January 17, 2021 8:44 AM MST

i dont blame them
      January 18, 2021 1:40 PM MST