Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » Motorcycle gang? Have you ever seen a gang of motorcycles?

Motorcycle gang? Have you ever seen a gang of motorcycles?

Posted - January 23, 2021

Responses

I thought they were called a gaggle.
      January 23, 2021 11:22 AM MST

Lol!
      January 23, 2021 11:26 AM MST

No, but...

January 23, 2021 12:59 PM MST

That's nice!
      January 23, 2021 1:01 PM MST

I was once in Daytona Beach when they had their annual biker event.  I have never seen so many motorcycles in my life.  Wherever we went, there were hundreds of them.  Most people think of bikers in a negative way, but I found them to be very nice, very friendly and very respectful.  
      January 23, 2021 10:23 PM MST

I was in Bellingham Washington in the mid 80's and it seemed about 50 Heavens Angels roared past. I'm not kidding there. Found em'
    I'm so glad that God came into my life. I hope everyone can let God into your life too. God Bless and ride to live.... Live to ride... Let Heavens Angels ride with you. Get your own patch for only $5.00 Call 843-592-5557
    I am organizing a ride in Alabama anyone wanna ride???
    57Baby
    November 30, 2013
    Hi ya all.. just moved here to Texas and was looking to maybe find some new friends amongest the Christian bikers. Not sure if there are any local to Sulphur Springs..
    This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at February 18, 2021 7:19 AM MST
      February 18, 2021 5:26 AM MST

Some of those motorcycle groups do a lot of good things in their communities and when disaster befalls a town.  
      February 18, 2021 6:50 AM MST

Yes I think. Also, they help individuals who are seemingly distressed or in despair over something.
      February 18, 2021 6:55 AM MST

I was on  bicycle riding along with a friend and we were going over a highway overpass and heard a rumbling. We saw them coming. The Barons. About 200 bikers it seemed roared right down below us. One dude with his hair flyIng out from the back with no helmet was a passenger on one and his hair almost reached the spokes of the wheels and he was tied on so he wouldn't fall off. Head and arms hanging back and the only thing saving him was being tied down with a rope or chain. 1975. Found em' today.

(L–R) Mike Brown poses alongside Baron Motorcycle Club President Dirt Bag, a Baron who’s helped keep the spirit of traditional motorcycling culture alive.

MIKE BROWN: BEER, BARONS AND BIKE CULTURE

By Mike Brown
    June 29, 2017

Share this:Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on RedditEmail this to someoneShare on Tumblr

LIFESTYLE

I don’t know shit about motorcycles. A friend of mine just got one and posted the obligatory social media posts of him with his sweet, new hog. A few days later, he tells me that he had been getting messages from girls he didn’t really know, sliding into his DMs saying stuff like “Cool! You ride?” and “Sweet bike! I’d love to ride sometime!” Shit like that. It lead me to believe that maybe guys I know are getting motorcycles just for attention from girls.

Mike Brown was lucky enough to sit down with some dudes from the Barons Motorcycle Club and get the what’s what on the current state of motorcycle culture in SLC and beyond. Photo: John BarkipleMike Brown was lucky enough to sit down with some dudes from the Barons Motorcycle Club and get the what’s what on the current state of motorcycle culture in SLC and beyond. Photo: John Barkiple

But like I said, I don’t know shit about motorcycles—I don’t know how much gas my motorcycle–soft boy theory holds. So I decided that I’d better find out. Whom better to ask than guys who have been riding their whole lives? I was lucky enough to sit down with some dudes from the Barons Motorcycle Club and get the what’s what on the current state of motorcycle culture in SLC and beyond. Chad, who is the Road Captain of the club; Dirt Bag, who is the President; and Teach, a fellow nomad who literally wrote the book on the club, all sat down with me at the Barons’ annual Show and Shine fundraiser for local veterans.

As far as the current state of motorcycles goes, Chad, who is a second-generation Baron, said that there is definitely such a thing as the Instagram Biker. On one hand, Instagram shows off a lot of really amazing bikes and craftsmanship, but you also get a lot of people concerned about their image. Another cultural influence is definitely that soap opera called Sons of Anarchy—or as Teach calls it, Sons of Malarkey

This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at February 18, 2021 7:20 AM MST
      February 18, 2021 5:11 AM MST