Active Now

my2cents
Zack
DannyPetti
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Communication » Do you want people to know who you are? Why? Why not?

Do you want people to know who you are? Why? Why not?

Posted - June 23, 2016

Responses

Hmm. Who are we really? And what decides or defines who we are? Can we let others know who we are and yet not be fully aware of it ourselves?
      June 23, 2016 2:01 PM MDT

Thank you for talking to me.  We both know I half-way had my head up my butt on your blog. 

I know I am not anything I think I am. I am the witness. I am that.  The consciousness that observes all.  When all is stripped away, that is what remains and we are all ONE at the core.

(my opinion.  my humble opinion)

June 23, 2016 2:24 PM MDT

Meh. People who question who I am will never be satisfied. This week alone, I was told I couldn't possibly be a mother because I am here so much, that I must be a man, and that my credentials are questionable because AM doesn't have a physical street address or my real name attached to the web records of it. O_o

To people like that, no.They don't need to know who I am. It's none of their business. Who I am here and how I am is what matters. On a deeper level, though, I think we all want someone who knows us deeply. Not everyone... just one person who sees the core of who we are and accepts us the way we are.

June 23, 2016 2:28 PM MDT

I will always talk to you Sharonna, as long as we both are part of aM at least. We don't have to agree at all times, or share the same humour, or having fun doing the same stuff. We will still be able to share and hopefully learn from each other, or be inspired at times.

My question about who we are, and what decides or defines us is my way telling we can be different from one situation to another, from one role to another, among friend or family or lovers... We hold it all... Next there will be the perceptions, we might believe we let someone know who we are, but only to find out they see us totally different. It's back to who do we want people to see us for, who we are. :-)
      June 23, 2016 3:47 PM MDT

JA?  LOL

You go girl. 

June 23, 2016 3:55 PM MDT

I do, William.  I do. 

June 23, 2016 3:55 PM MDT

That is all I have ever wanted from everyone on here.  Talk and then form whatever opinions you have about me.  Based on FACTS. Not based on what MUG/whiney baby and friends want to gang up and gossip about.  The weak will always find the weak. They need a group approval since they have zero sense of themselves.  They hate me because I have total sense of myself and what I am going to say, the devil take the hindermost.    I have had this reaction all my computer days and those who I am closest to are the ones who disliked me the most. 

SO, I don't go by that.  I just go by what I think I should say and oftentimes it is WRONG.  When it is?  I will come back and apologize.  It's all I got.

June 23, 2016 3:59 PM MDT

I don't want to let people know who I am, unless I am satisfied as to WHY they want to know who I am.

June 23, 2016 4:04 PM MDT

It's quite simple. Be yourself, not you...you already are...but in general when signing up...we should be ourselves...I do still believe we should be aware that communication is a two-faced monster. Both faces being responsible to make it a positive and giving one. The sender making sure their words are understood with the intents given, and the receiver with responsibility making sure to understand the words with the intents they were meant. :-)
      June 23, 2016 4:11 PM MDT

Why would i want to do that?  No one cares..really.  The Lord already knows who I am, he is the one I care about. 

June 23, 2016 4:30 PM MDT

i dont care, it dont bother me either way

June 25, 2016 8:41 PM MDT