Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Goodbye

Goodbye

After a brief tenure here, I am leaving.  However, I wanted to explain why I am leaving before I go.

Twice already I have been warned for calling out individuals on the hypocrisy of their positions.  Leftists can call those of us in the right whatever names they like.  They can accuse us of racism, homophobia, etc., etc., etc., for merely disagreeing with their orthodoxy.  They attack Trump and his supporters constantly without evidence.  They can ban people from other websites and even shutdown competing websites just because they don't adhere to leftist orthodoxy.  They can use whatever inflammatory rhetoric that they want, but let us call for peaceful protests and we are accuse of inciting insurrection.  They can question the validity of Trump's election, but let us question the validity of Biden's and we have to be driven out of the public square and even perhaps lose our jobs.

Me personally, starting late last November or early December, I had some of them threaten to get me fired from my job because I dared to question their orthodoxy with respect to wearing masks.  It started with threats on Facebook, then escalated to calling in a death threat to my place of employment and harassing emails to one of my work accounts.

Leftists may not mention us individually by name as they make their  threats against those of us who oppose them, but make no mistake about it.  They do mean all of us when they talk about stopping people from being able to post opposing points of view.  We saw just how far they will go when they shutdown Parler.  They make the claim that it was because Parler allowed people to post messages calling for violence all the while doing nothing to reign in the leftists organizations on their own sites that were actually engaging in violence.  So, they will use any excuse they can come up with to silence anyone who doesn't bow down to them.  if you think that they won't come for you, then you are sadly mistaken.

I am completely sick of their constant attacks and their constant double standards.  So, I refuse to treat them with any respect.  From here on out I will treat all leftist the way they treat us.  As long as they continue to their assaults on civil discourse I will continue to call them out for hypocrites that they are, both collectively and individually.  They deserve no more respect than they show us.

Unfortunately, this goes against the policies here at AnswerMug.  So, I will leave.  I hold no animosity towards those who run this site.  They have the right to run it however they see fit.  However, despite the threats against me, I refuse to be silenced.  I refuse to censor my words.

I know some of you will be sorry to see me go and I know others will not.  Whatever the case, I wish wish you all prosperity.  I go to find someplace that actually believes in freedom of speech.

Goodbye.

Posted - January 26, 2021

Responses

We would prefer you stay. 
      January 27, 2021 7:06 AM MST

Are you going to keep warning me about use "you" to specifically call out the leftists on this site for their hypocrisy?
      January 27, 2021 9:16 AM MST

If you make personal comments to/about users here, it will be moderated just as any other user's personal comments would be. 
    Rule 1. You must be respectful to everyone at all times. It’s ok to disagree, but not to make personal attacks.

As a moderator here it is my job to enforce the rules fairly and unbiased.  I do attempt to do that to the best of my ability.
      January 27, 2021 9:23 AM MST

And I don't hold that against you, but I am not going to take having the leftists call us all sorts of vile names without rubbing their own noses in their own hypocrisy.  So, once again, goodby.
      January 27, 2021 9:48 AM MST

I am sorry for how you have been treated...but it was not by the users here. That was in IRL and on FB.
    If you change your mind feel free to return and just discuss the topics. 

Hope life treats you better in the future.

January 27, 2021 9:58 AM MST

I wish you well.
      January 27, 2021 7:23 AM MST

My opinion is that you shouldn’t let opponents run you off like this because it plays into their hands perfectly. A couple of months at it and you’re gone, they score a victory. It’s exactly what they want, you make the decision to leave and they pay pat themselves on the back as if to say, “We haven’t censored him, HE made the conscious decision to go.”

This post was edited by Randy D at January 27, 2021 6:30 PM MST
      January 27, 2021 8:21 AM MST

It's not the opponents that are running me off.  It's the moderator.
      January 27, 2021 9:17 AM MST

My opinion is that you shouldn’t let a moderator run you off like this because it plays into his or her hands perfectly. A couple of months at it and you’re gone, the moderator scores a victory. It’s possibly the exact thing that he or she wants, you make the decision to leave and he or she enjoys a celebratory self-pat on the back as if to say, “I didn’t force him out, I didn’t  censor him, HE made the conscious decision to go.”

January 27, 2021 6:35 PM MST

...pat themselves...
      January 27, 2021 10:25 AM MST

Thank you, it’s been edited!

~

January 27, 2021 6:31 PM MST

Noted and forgotten.

January 27, 2021 9:04 PM MST

I sincerely hope you don't get any more death threats. 
      January 27, 2021 12:36 PM MST

Political Correctness Vs Freedom of Speech: | Philosophy ...Morgoth's Review: The Guardian vs Cultural MarxismMillions Of Liberals Embrace Their Own Destruction This post was edited by kjames at February 20, 2021 7:07 PM MST
      January 28, 2021 3:32 PM MST