Active Now

Gino LOLobrigida
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » If murdering, plundering, land stealing Europeans had not brought Law & order to America you think natives would still be wild and lawless??

If murdering, plundering, land stealing Europeans had not brought Law & order to America you think natives would still be wild and lawless??

Posted - January 27, 2021

Responses

The exaggerated mental appellation you referred to does not apply to a conscientious European because we are all still adventuring and territorial animals and think of what King Ferdinand and Isabella would have done if we had returned without riches?. The Indians were just doing their thing and can't be blamed. The Europeans escaped in boats to eradicate the misery brought on by Ferdinand and Isabella. They were supposed to bring riches back to England by finding The Silk Road to Asia and just happened to run into America instead and it was do or die survival. The pilgrims had to adapt and do you know how many perished in the harsh east North American winters? They stole from each other even.They had unintended consequences. The Indians weren't all peace loving either. They ambush early settlers. Pilgrims stole from other Pilgrims. It was much like The Emancipation Proclamation. Diseases we brought wiped out Indians. No food on the boats over here because the early early settlers were riddled with smallpox and dysentery and scabies and shingles. Not to mention scurvy in which the fruits here were a treasure to savor. They weren't using terms like they are used today. Ne'er the twain' shall meet between Indians and Europeans.But, you are right in one respect. Our fair trading with wampum went on for a while but ended due to natural greed lust. The Indians were just too disgustingly simple to us. Look. We are paying now. This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at January 27, 2021 5:19 PM MST
      January 27, 2021 4:49 PM MST

Very interesting, thanks.
      January 27, 2021 5:20 PM MST

Native Americans were not as lawless as movies have made them out to be.  They were the very first conservationists.  They had structured tribes; the men were hunters and the women gathered berries and other food.  
      January 27, 2021 9:32 PM MST

Good to know.
      January 27, 2021 10:27 PM MST

I do not think the Indians were lawless. They fought with other tribes.  But laws within the tribe were understood and followed. 
    If Europeans had not showed up likely the wars between different tribes would have resulted in one tribe being the main lead tribe. 

I had a Indian customer once who explained that Cherokee was a Nation to think of it as the USA and the rest of the tribes are like the states.   I have not researched it since then. But sounded like Cherokee had already become that dominate tribe.  
      January 28, 2021 8:26 AM MST

Who said they were wild and lawless?  They lived by their own laws, rules, traditions.  Why is riding a horse screaming xxxxx any different from American troops shouting whatever it is they yell at certain times.  Cutting their dead rivals scalps from their heads is a little hard for me to understand, but I assume it is symbolic of complete victory and control.  In my country, when we win we just yell Hey xxxxxx, hey xxxxxxx, we just beat the hell out of you....rammer jammer yellow hammer give 'em hell Alabama!
      January 28, 2021 8:45 AM MST