Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » A "complete stranger" comes up to you, addresses you by name and starts chatting. Ever happen to you?

A "complete stranger" comes up to you, addresses you by name and starts chatting. Ever happen to you?

It's happened more than once to me and I didn't have the nerve to ask "WHO ARE YOU?" Too embarrassed I guess. There was one woman in my past who regularly saw me at the market and did that. I asked Jim "who is she?" and he didn't have a clue either.

Someone "knows" you but you don't him/her?

What causes that?

Posted - January 28, 2021

Responses

New York City buses and the subway are the same fare unless you take an express bus and that is much more expensive.  When I was going into the office, I took the express bus because it's less crowded and I don't have to worry about being thrown on the subway tracks.  When I was taking the subway, I took a local train so that I would get a seat and it wasn't that crowded.  
      February 28, 2021 8:04 AM MST

Do you think a time will come when you go back to what used to be L or do you think you will be retired by then since we don't know when that when will be? Thank you for your reply! :)
      March 1, 2021 5:37 AM MST

Our office is not expecting anyone to come back to work on the former schedule through April.  May will probably be the month they suggest you return at least a couple of days a week and then at some point, the office will be back in full swing and that's when I reach the fork in the road.  I would have to see what management will allow me to do. I'm down to 15 hours a week - 3 hours a day.  It wouldn't pay for me to go into the city for 3 hours, five days a week, so I'd have to see what other arrangements they will accept.
      March 1, 2021 5:42 AM MST

I know this pandemic put a kibosh on your plans to move to Pennsylvania to be nearer your family. Might you accelerate your move out of New York L? Right now things are looking better due to having the J & J approved for use. Another weapon available. BUT there are those pesky more dangerous variants that are still out there so what that will do I don't know. I know financially you don't need to work but I also know that you want to be there to help your long-time friend who happens to be your boss. Anyway sweetie we also have the spectre of FOOTOO and his crew not going away. What will that do? Nothing good. Sigh. Thank you for your reply L! I have such wonderful memories of the visit I took to Philadelphia with my then-fiancee. How far away will you be when you relocate? I remember the ITALIAN MARKET! Ever been there? All a FOODIE could want! Anyway I know when the time comes you will make the right decision for you. Family is everything! :)
      March 2, 2021 3:14 AM MST

Right now, I don't think PA is any better off Covid-wise than NY and maybe worse in some places.  I wouldn't consider a long-distance move until the virus is well under control.  I am hoping that my boss is considering retiring at the end of this year - he's been dropping hints  - but we'll see.  The area where my sister lives is about 3 hours from NY.  As for the political arena, I believe PA is a red state (UGH!).  That has also give me pause, but, as you said, family is everything.  I have been to Philadelphia a couple of times, but not to the Italian Market.  We did go to Gino's for Philly cheese steak sandwiches.  First time I ever had them and they were delicious, but not really healthy.  My youngest niece attended Temple University, so we were there to visit her and for her graduation.
      March 2, 2021 5:59 AM MST

Isn't Bookbinder's famous for its pies? I recall having pie there. I loved Philadelphia. Walked up the Rocky steps in fact! The first and only Bloomingdale's(I think that was the store) was in King of Prussia. At that time the entire 3rd floor was devoted to foods..imported cheeses specifically. Now that was in the early 1980's so I don't know if it's still there. I thought I 'd died and gone to heaven foodwise! How close to Philly is your sis? Thank you for your reply L! :)
      March 9, 2021 5:22 AM MST

I'm no familiar with Bookbinders.  I didn't spend a lot of time in Philly.  I don't think there are many, if any, department stores that sell fresh foods these days,  My sister is about an hour from Philly.
      March 9, 2021 10:30 AM MST

I remember it with much fondness. Of course that was many decades ago and it could be very different now. The City of Brotherly Love. Yeah. Right. SIGH. Thank you for your reply. I'm going to Google it to find out why  it's called that! :)
      March 10, 2021 2:42 AM MST

Very high crime rate in Philly.  
      March 10, 2021 6:07 AM MST

Sad that. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      March 11, 2021 4:41 AM MST