Active Now

Slartibartfast
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » Based on a collective view of the various ways these glitches have gripped our computers, the virus seems to mutate and spin off new

Based on a collective view of the various ways these glitches have gripped our computers, the virus seems to mutate and spin off new

and more powerful, more resistive strains, just like its cousin, COVID19.

Wait, has anyone seen Mark Zuckerberg or any other top executives from anti-social media giants hanging around the AnswerMug server facilities? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

~

Posted - February 5, 2021

Responses

When do we get a vaccine?

This Is like operating in DOS 2.0.
      February 5, 2021 2:50 PM MST

Hold on . . .  you actually have a system more advanced than DOS 2.0?  Wow, rich.

~
      February 5, 2021 3:09 PM MST

The first time I tried to get on here since the glitches, I got a message that the site had been moved to a different server and gave me a link to click on. Obviously, I took that to be a scam and deleted the message. I got it a second time and deleted again. I find this very coincidental coming on the heels of a relatively new user who complained vociferously about being moderated and muzzled and then flounced off in a huff. I would not be at all surprised to find out that this site has been hacked.
      February 5, 2021 3:42 PM MST

That's all very interesting and suspicious, thank you for alerting us to it, SpunkySenior, I think there's something to it.  I saw those weird-looking invites, and just like you, I ignored them completely.

Website management, admins, mod(s), how about it?

~
      February 5, 2021 3:54 PM MST

1981, 1982,1983? I see your problem; The volume in drive A has no label. I spotted that right away because I'm so smart. : )
      February 5, 2021 3:44 PM MST

Banana, banana, banana, banana.

~

February 5, 2021 3:56 PM MST

I think I may have done myself a favour by being just rude enough to land in the PB precisely when I did - I've had no issues at all!
      February 5, 2021 3:49 PM MST

You've been gone?  How long were you on suspension?

February 5, 2021 3:59 PM MST

48 hours. I got tired of being snarked at, and shot back.
      February 5, 2021 4:19 PM MST

I still can't "like" anything or reply; my problems on the site continue like so many other muggers' -- but I like your question Randy D. And I like everyone's answers and posts. Very interesting to me.
    And Slartibartfast -- I'm not tech savvy at all, but I would say be careful now because I, too, was having no problems whatsoever - - until I actually posted on the site saying that I was having no problems at all. Very soon after that, all the problems came to me. I hope all goes well for you, though! :)

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at February 5, 2021 8:16 PM MST
      February 5, 2021 5:24 PM MST

I'm think from what I've seen happen, the MS_AM-21_v1 and -v2 strains are working together, not 2 replacing 1, taking it in turns to wreak their own style of havoc.

DOS... My first introdution to confusers was at work, with HP_BASIC on laboratory machines and a course introducing me to it not long before MS published WIN3.1

Were there ever WINs 1 &2 - and come to that, 4, 6, 9 and 11? MS is working on a WIN-12 despite previous claims that WIN 10 will be end the numbered series. There was also a WIN-NT designed for local networks within offices, but although the USB connections were being introduced, it seemed not to support them.

The last time I used DOS in anger - and I were right vexed too - was after I had tried to install Open Office on a PC that had been running WIN-3, I think, maybe 5.

It was an utter disaster, and because I could not know which OO files could be ignored safely, I had to remove all 130+ of them and their directories by individual DOS commands. I think MS made the DOS system accessible up to WIN-5.
      February 6, 2021 2:55 AM MST

February 6, 2021 6:46 PM MST

I think it has to do with browers updating.
      February 6, 2021 6:39 AM MST

bananaorama
      February 6, 2021 8:22 AM MST

Dang that Zukerberg. I knew he was after the Mug! :o No, I think the issues started all at once (2/2) and then hit people at different times depending on the memory of their browsers and devices, like what M2C said. If you remember, we dealt with that when we built the new site. *shudders*

We are still working on the fix though. Hope to have it resolved ASAP but it might be a couple more days. Sorry!
      February 6, 2021 10:05 AM MST

I hope all is good now and everything is functional. Cheers!
      February 6, 2021 6:21 PM MST