Active Now

Element 99
my2cents
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Jobs » Have you ever hired an ex-convict without informing other employees, or has a company for which you worked ever hired one under the same

Have you ever hired an ex-convict without informing other employees, or has a company for which you worked ever hired one under the same

or similar lack of notice and it was discovered later, or are you an ex-convict who was hired and other employees were not informed of your record?

[I'm well aware that depending on jurisdiction, there may be laws, rules, and/or regulations about privacy. that govern what has to be or does not have to be disclosed to other employees.]
~

Posted - February 5, 2021

Responses

Yes.
    And a few people became cons while working there. The baker/heroin dealer comes to mind (he always insisted on working the graveyard shift).
      February 5, 2021 4:25 PM MST

My boss who was the manager for the construction company was a crackhead. Sometimes when one of his dealers got arrested they would come to him and ask for a job as a laborer because it looked better for them if they found employment while waiting for trial. One of these guys I worked with told me he had spent 22 years of his life in jail. He had done every kind of crime then got into drug dealing.
      February 6, 2021 1:54 PM MST