Active Now

my2cents
Danilo_G
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » How well do you usually sleep at night, do you think you will get a good night's sleep tonight?

How well do you usually sleep at night, do you think you will get a good night's sleep tonight?

I got the feeling I'll be drowsy but awake in bed for about an hour before falling asleep.  I usually sleep pretty good.

Posted - February 6, 2021

Responses

• I sleep well when I go to bed at a good time.  Sometimes I waste time at night by watching TV and surfing the internet all night.  It's 3:30 in the morning right now, and that's what I'm doing.
      February 6, 2021 11:29 PM MST

That's fine, tomorrow is Sunday so you can sleep in late.
      February 7, 2021 5:26 AM MST

Grandkids are here. So last night was late and this morning is early.  Yawn.  But there was good sleep inbetween. 
      February 7, 2021 5:39 AM MST

I always sleep well. I can decide what time I want to go to sleep and as long as I turn off my phone and lay in bed 15 minutes before that time,  I’m out by then. I’ve heard that’s rare, so I’m lucky that way. 
      February 7, 2021 7:27 AM MST

I usually wake up numerous times due to pain. Ibuprofen wears off after about 6 hours.
      February 7, 2021 8:58 AM MST

Except for the occasional bathroom trips, I sleep quite well.
      February 7, 2021 9:56 AM MST

• Most of the time I sleep fine but I am prone to waking up too early and then being unable to go back to sleep. That's what happened last night so I hope it doesn't happen again tonight. 
      February 7, 2021 11:37 AM MST

Funny you ask that.  Usually, I sleep very well.  I tried to go to sleep last night around midnight, but I tossed and turned and finally, at 2:30 AM, I got up and went to watch TV.  Went back to bed at 4:30 AM and slept until 9:30 AM.  Took an hour's nap a little while ago and will go to sleep earlier tonight.
      February 7, 2021 12:38 PM MST

I sleep well until it’s time to get up and puke around 3:00 in the morning.
      February 7, 2021 1:00 PM MST

I am up and down all night.  I take melatonin but it doesn't work so well anymore. 
      February 7, 2021 5:26 PM MST

What a coincidence, just last week I remarked to my wife how peacefully I sleep these days in the nine months since I retired.

All my life I have been both a night owl and an early riser, resulting in four hours of sleep having been my norm for approximately the last twenty years. People were horrified to learn that tidbit about me, and they’d often give their prophecies that it would all catch up to me someday. Well, I’m also extremely hyperactive, so I believe it was innate my lack of need for extended hours of sleep yet still awakening well-rested and energetic. In other words, it never ”caught up with me” like the naysayers thought it would. Nine months later, my sleep schedule is about double the hours I was accustomed to getting for twenty years, with bouts of daytime snoozing thrown in every now and then.

Tonight probably won’t be very different than other nights: I will most likely sleep well (the grammatically correct phrase to use, as opposed to ‘sleep good’).
    ~

February 7, 2021 6:55 PM MST