Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Big tech censorship at it again. How long will their protection last?

Big tech censorship at it again. How long will their protection last?

This video is censored all all big tech platforms.

Posted - February 7, 2021

Responses

Mike Lindell: 'Crazy conspiracy theorist' -Huff Post.
      February 7, 2021 10:18 AM MST

Listen to the evidence.  

We do not ban people claiming we did not go to the moon. Or other conspiracy theories. Why just this one of the election? Perhaps because their is truth to it. 
      February 7, 2021 10:48 AM MST

Sure there is a certain amount of truth but 'knowledgable people' assert there are at least 3 false claims in this video.
      February 7, 2021 10:53 AM MST

And those are? 
      February 7, 2021 8:05 PM MST

How would I know? I do not know the difference between truth and fiction in politics. The 'knowledgable people' asserted 3 false claims of the video.
      February 7, 2021 8:52 PM MST

Then why quote them? 

February 8, 2021 6:02 AM MST

Because I am still learning.
      February 8, 2021 6:12 AM MST

But not knowing what the supposed falsehood is....what has been learned? If you learn what the supposed falsehoods are let me know so can learn as well. Otherwise they are just claiming fake news...:)
      February 8, 2021 6:16 AM MST

It's interesting stuff, I might follow it up to see how it all pans out.
      February 8, 2021 6:31 AM MST

As soon as I saw who was putting this out, I decided not to waste my time watching.
      February 7, 2021 12:35 PM MST

That is fine that is your choice. 

It should not be Big Tech job to choose for you.
      February 7, 2021 4:31 PM MST

Who will decide what can and can't be posted on social media or any media outlet? The government? 

Do you think social media sites should be prevented from moderating what is posted based on their terms of service? Does than include this site?

If Mike Lindell has absolute proof  of election fraud, why did he have to buy air time on the OAN network to present it? Seems like they would be happy to have the scoop, instead of posting a big disclaimer on the video.

February 8, 2021 10:01 AM MST

It should not be the government. And as long as big tech get legal protections from the government they should not be allowed to censor based on if they agree or do not agree with a users post. 
    I believe the Terms of Service of a website should be clear and enforced evenly regardless of the user's opinion left or right.  That is what happens on this site.   No one here is censored/moderated based on their opinion. 
    It happens on Big Tech and it should not be allowed.  I do believe it will be corrected as there are law suits making their way to the courts. 

Dominion voting machines is threating news outlets with law suits. So they are covering their butts. 
      February 8, 2021 10:56 AM MST

Well, my personal opinion is that Mike Lindell is a nut job and anyone who thinks otherwise is also a nut job and lacks basic critical thinking skills.

Why does OAN  need to 'cover their butt' if they are reporting facts that are verifiable and have 'absolute proof'?

Also, again, who is going to enforce banning what you call censorship? You say not the government - so who?  If government protections against libel suits for what is being posted on a site are removed and sites are also not allowed to censor opinions it's not clear how that will work.

Twitter rules say they will remove or label 'disputed claims that could undermine faith in the [election] process itself, such as unverified information about election rigging, ballot tampering, vote tallying, or certification of election results'. So how is this not a 'clear and evenly enforced' term of service? I think that's pretty clear why the video you posted was not allowed. Again, if there were 'absolute proof', it wouldn't just be Mike Lindell who knows about it so Twitter and other platforms seems to have a good reason for banning it.
      February 8, 2021 11:27 AM MST

You are entitled to your opinion. But it should be yours and not what Big tech manipulated you into thinking.  

Personally I did not see anything I had not already know. But this is the first I had seen consolidated in one place. 

It still costs money to defend a lawsuit. 

Do Twitter etc ban all "conspiracy theories" or just certain ones.  Can you doubt the moon landing on Twitter but not the election? That would be unfair and biased moderation. 
      February 8, 2021 11:41 AM MST

That this video was censored by big tech doesn't at all surprise me. The amount of proof that has been documented showing this election was stolen is huge. Big tech censors this proof and the media lies about it and covers it up.

Yet there are those who still embrace both corrupt big tech and media. The anti-American and inane actions of Biden and his administration should be proof enough of all of this. What's really discouraging, sad, and troubling is just how many people are in denial of it.

Looking the other way while this country crumbles is what far too many people do, are doing, and will continue to do. That is until it's gone. Then they will ask, how could this happen? Who's at fault here? The patriots who love this country and who are fighting to keep it free know who's at fault here. As always, just my opinion.
      February 8, 2021 11:41 AM MST