Active Now

DannyPetti
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » 194 pounds of CONTRABAND was seized at the California/Mexico Border. Know what it was? BOLOGNA! MEXICAN BOLOGNA! CONTRABAND?

194 pounds of CONTRABAND was seized at the California/Mexico Border. Know what it was? BOLOGNA! MEXICAN BOLOGNA! CONTRABAND?

Was Fentanyl hidden within? Why confiscate BOLOGNA?

Posted - February 12, 2021

Responses

I would imagine they seized it because they tried to get it across the border illegally.
      February 12, 2021 7:42 AM MST

"Bologna is a prohibited product because it is made from pork and has the potential for introducing foreign animal diseases to the U.S. pork industry,” according to the agency.

Similar to how CA does not allow people to bring fruits into the state from other states.  This post was edited by my2cents at February 13, 2021 8:15 AM MST
      February 12, 2021 9:36 AM MST

Good point. Never thought of that aspect of it. :)
      February 12, 2021 8:45 PM MST

My2cents has it right, Australia similarly restricts the importation of foodstuffs unless subject to rigorous controls, and my home state of South Australia prohibits the importation of fruits from other states (we don't have fruit fly here - yet).
    Surely there's enough Bologna produced by pols and media anyway, you don't need extra!
      February 12, 2021 10:15 PM MST

It just hit my funnybone R. I mean what with drug cartels being the main problem seizing 194 lbs of bologna was so weird! Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday to thee and thine! :)
      February 13, 2021 1:59 AM MST