Active Now

Randy D
Element 99
Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Music » Do you, like me, really dislike the very end of Joe Cocker's "You Are So Beautiful to Me" song?

Do you, like me, really dislike the very end of Joe Cocker's "You Are So Beautiful to Me" song?

"You are so beautiful  .  .  .  to  me eee  eh  ee  ee . . ."

Ick

(I know, I know -- he's done something right. The song is a classic.)

Posted - February 12, 2021

Responses

What most people don't know is that he was supposed to sing the last few notes of that song in his normal voice.  However, at that very moment a mouse ran across the floor in front of him.  
      February 12, 2021 6:18 PM MST

Whether that is true or not (of course, it's true!), you just made me like that part of the song.  :)   :)

:)
      February 12, 2021 6:50 PM MST

No, I like it well enough. Part of his uniqueness. 
      February 14, 2021 9:28 AM MST

You'rwe rgiht. I've beeni na pisspoor mood for weeks.

My question, that means my typos can stay. ;)   

I admit that song's ending does get to me at times, other times ,no. Like I said, too, I do realize the song is classic and Cocker is great. ((Or maybe it's just his name I find appealing. Ha! Sorry about that.)

Thanks for answering, SavvyAnsley.
      February 14, 2021 5:55 PM MST

That song that goes I know it's late, I know your lonely tune is the best song he's done. This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at February 18, 2021 6:15 PM MST
      February 18, 2021 5:05 AM MST

I don't know of a Joe Cocker like that but your description reminds me of Bob Seger's "We've Got Tonight."
    And once I listen now to Seger,  Joe and Bob sort of sound similar to me. :)

February 18, 2021 6:15 PM MST

This one yes Welby. Very fine accomplishment this. By Bob Seger. Joe Cockers a Little Help From My Friends song then. Painful music some is.
    I like. I'll add this song anyways sung solo by Billy Joel

An Innocent Man" is a simple soulful song about the strength and understanding that is needed for a loving relationship particularly with someone who has been hurt or betrayed in a previous relationship.

This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at February 20, 2021 10:01 AM MST
      February 18, 2021 6:58 PM MST

I like both of the songs you've shared here, thanks. I don't think I'm too familiar with that Joel one. 
    Yeah, bed sometimes really sounds good. I'm heading there somewhat soon.

I think we both might be posting here at the same time -- I keep seeing more additions to your post. :)
    Cool.

I also really like Joel's "Allentown."

Yeah, I think I might be heading off for the night but see you around! Hang in there, be well!
    :)
      February 18, 2021 7:52 PM MST

Look Welby. Skip the bed and what I said. If it ain't in me to be ladies man', I guess I'm not ever going to be a ladies man.
    Here's the other songs. Enjoy! This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at February 19, 2021 5:57 PM MST
      February 18, 2021 7:54 PM MST

This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at February 20, 2021 10:03 AM MST
      February 18, 2021 7:57 PM MST

I listened to the first 26 seconds of "Easy to Slip" -- I like it immediately. I don't think I've heard it before. I want to enjoy it but  -- I'm tired and I want to listen when I'm alert. I will like the rest of the song, too, I bet. I hope to come back and listen.
    I listened just now to first 16 seconds of Dr Hook song, too -- don't think I know this one, either, but I like it, too. 

But to quote a movie I did not particularly enjoy -- "I'll be back."

;)

( And I saw that question a while ago that you posted with a picture of the star of that movie.)
      February 19, 2021 6:02 PM MST