Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Family » Anyone ever have family members treat you like this when you needed them the most?

Anyone ever have family members treat you like this when you needed them the most?

my sister died back in sept, we were identical twins, my brothers refused to go to the funeral and i didnt want to go alone so i never went, my parents have been gone for yrs so it wasnt like i had them to go with, i saw it on zoom but it wasnt the same, now i find out on valentine's day my younger brother got married, didnt tell me or invite me, i thought that was really rude, anyone else have family like that?

Posted - February 25, 2021

Responses

I’m sorry for the loss of your sister.  Families have varying degrees of closeness with each other, and it sounds like you have some distant family members.

A lot of times family members are completely different from each other, and they see things so differently from each other that it makes them seem like they’re from different planets.  My husband and my M-I-L are like that with each other.

How is your relationship with your brother otherwise?  Is he thinking “I really wish my sister, Pearl, would contact me more.  She doesn’t stay in touch or anything.”?

February 25, 2021 1:09 PM MST

i dont think they want me to contact them
      February 25, 2021 3:47 PM MST

Did he absolutely say that or is it just a feeling you have?  If it’s just a feeling you have, what do you think you did to upset him?  Usually guys will tell people exactly what they did wrong, at least that’s how my dad and my husband are.
      February 25, 2021 5:37 PM MST

i have no idea
      February 26, 2021 1:06 PM MST

Perhaps you only contact them when you need something from them.  If my sisters did that, I wouldn't want to have much to do with them either. 
      February 25, 2021 5:09 PM MST

i dont ask them for stuff
      February 26, 2021 1:06 PM MST

Well, there must be a reason why they are this way.  
      February 26, 2021 2:45 PM MST

I'm afraid so, Pearl. I've seen it quite a few times, including within my own family. And I'm sorry for your loss.
      February 27, 2021 11:17 AM MST