Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Have you ever just //been// there for someone, no matter what...and find they are not there for you when you *think* you need them?

Have you ever just //been// there for someone, no matter what...and find they are not there for you when you *think* you need them?

That is when you discover you really didn't need them after all.  You wanted  them, though.  How does that leave you feeling?  And are you there for them the next time they call needing you?  

Posted - October 21, 2016

Responses

• Yes, but I have also failed when others have counted on me and I wasn't there.
      October 22, 2016 2:36 AM MDT

I have many acquaintances, but few friends.  I believe the friends I have would be as devoted to me as I am to them.  Fortunately I have never truly needed them to do anything for me, but if I did, I have no doubt they would be there for me. 
      October 22, 2016 9:23 AM MDT

i probably wouldnt want to be friends with someone like that
      October 22, 2016 6:44 PM MDT

It's happened. Not everyone is capable of stepping up when needed. I try not to take it personally.
      October 22, 2016 7:34 PM MDT

It makes me feel isolated, and alone. However, I most likely will be there for them the next time. At least for the first five-six-ten times. Eventually I will cut ties and there will possibly be a closed door should they try to knock on it after that.
      October 23, 2016 2:23 AM MDT