Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Does the concept of TIME exist independent of the human mind? How do you know?

Does the concept of TIME exist independent of the human mind? How do you know?

Is time an illusion?

Posted - March 7, 2021

Responses

Yes, elapsing time is an illusion created by ongoing events that began happening since the event of the big bang. The existence of time is infinite; time cannot have a beginning because a beginning is an element of time so therefore time has always existed. Infinity of time would measure zero elapsed time which makes our perception of elapsing time only an illusory concept.
      March 7, 2021 8:58 AM MST

My mind is tightly locked into the concept of BEGINNING. START. I am unable to grasp infinity. That anything always was. Can you do that Kg without any problem? It's a stretch too big for me. But of course believing in a beginning also isn't all that easy. Out of nothing something? The more I try to think upon it the more confused I get. I realize the mind of man is limited. Maybe some are able to stretch the limitations but I fear I am not one of them. Sometimes I get lost in a maze and it isn't always so easy to find my way out. SIGH. Thank you for your thoughtful reply m'dear. "time cannot have a beginning because a beginning is an element of time so therefore time has always existed." That is HUGE and over my head and pay grade. But I thank you for sharing and maybe if we keep chatting it will become easier for me to get there. Maybe I never will but I will keep trying! I really do appreciate it a lot! That is as much as I can get from it which is not all there is! :) One word? AARRGGHH!
      March 9, 2021 4:49 AM MST