Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Autopsies are done to determine the cause of death. Can it also determine the cause of insanity? How about autopsying the FOOTOO brain?

Autopsies are done to determine the cause of death. Can it also determine the cause of insanity? How about autopsying the FOOTOO brain?

Posted - March 20, 2021

Responses

They can do that now. He can do without it - he's obviously been living without a brain for several years.
      March 20, 2021 3:46 AM MDT

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! OMG! Too funnee hunnee. Caught me off guard. But seriously can they determine what causes insanity from an autopsy? I expect there is healthy and defective DNA. Though knowing that after the fact would be interesting but could it be prevented in others by just removing the defective part and replacing it with healthy tissue? I have no idea if that's even possible. I know you can remove tumors to save lives. But can you remove the part of the brain that is insane and replace with a part that is mentally healthy? Thank you for your reply R! :)
      March 20, 2021 4:35 AM MDT

Can't be done to a brain, we don't know how. All that a lobotomy does is destroy a person's personality without actually killing them - a fate worse than death imo.
      March 20, 2021 4:38 AM MDT

Didn't the Kennedy family have that done to their daughter Rosemary? I don't what it would be to exist inside that world. It may not be so bad as you think. If all your needs were met. Food, shelter, safety. You would still have your senses. You could see and hear and touch and smell and taste and maybe feel? As long as you weren't afraid. It might be a pleasant experience. Of course your mind would not be working in a "normal" way but what is normal about RACISTS HATERS FASCISTS? Just a thought. Thank you for your reply R. I've often feared senility because it seems to me that you would be frightened all the time. But maybe not. Maybe senility isn't that far removed from lobotomy? :) This post was edited by RosieG at March 20, 2021 5:01 AM MDT
      March 20, 2021 5:00 AM MDT