Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Randy D
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I think paying for sex makes the payer the hoor. The prostitute is just a "working girl". What do you call the payer besides REPULSIVE??

I think paying for sex makes the payer the hoor. The prostitute is just a "working girl". What do you call the payer besides REPULSIVE??

Posted - April 3, 2021

Responses

Hey, if some guys didn't pay for it, they'd never get laid. :)
      April 3, 2021 11:26 AM MDT

It's not like getting laid is a prerequisite.  Guys can (and many have) survived without it.  It's society that glorifies it.
      April 3, 2021 3:54 PM MDT

It's pretty much a basic urge for most people, though.
      April 3, 2021 3:59 PM MDT

Oh, definitely.  However, people can resist their urges (despite what they may think).  Problems arise when they don't.
      April 3, 2021 4:48 PM MDT

I think perhaps some cannot resist their urges.
      April 3, 2021 10:02 PM MDT

:)
      April 4, 2021 3:07 AM MDT

Isn't that the most pathetic thing you've ever heard? They must be real losers! Thank you for your reply L and Happy Sunday to thee and thine! :)
      April 4, 2021 2:14 AM MDT

Well, they're either real losers or they want an act that their spouse/significant other won't do. :)
      April 4, 2021 8:40 AM MDT

Or they get bored very easily. Thank you for your reply L and Happy Monday to thee and thine! :)
      April 5, 2021 2:28 AM MDT

Actually, the payer is just a customer.  The person who supplies the “goods” and puts them on the open market for purchase is the whore.  

One may say a prostitute is “working”, meaning they are supplying a service to customers (like a plumber or a landscaper).  However, renting out one’s body to a stranger for sex is called whoring.  The purchaser isn’t the whore, as they aren’t supplying.  They are simply purchasing a commodity that a vendor is selling.  Where there is a product, there will be a purchaser.

A person who puts their body up for rent just so another person can gratify their sexual desires with it is beyond repulsive.  Granted the rentee (payer) shouldn’t be trying to rent out another person’s body (and should be utterly disgusted with themselves for even thinking about it).  However, if there were no “goods” for sale, then there couldn’t be any customers.  Therefore, the renter is the true whore, not the rentee.

April 3, 2021 3:52 PM MDT

I wonder if this is a gender thing Shuhak? I think the guy is the hoor and you think it's the dame. Well prostitution has been referred as the world's oldest profession. What is the profession of the buyer? Like a drug addict or alcoholic. Drugs are available as is alcohol. No one forces anyone to buy or consume them. Selling your body is not nearly as despicable as selling your soul in my opinion. Politicians and religious folk and cops and others do that every day all the time. A body is just a container for the rest of you. It's that rest of you that matters in my mind the most. I'll ask. Not that I'd ever entertain being a hoor but there are far worse things. Thank you for your reply Shuhak and Happy Sunday to you!:)
      April 4, 2021 2:29 AM MDT

There are both male and female whores (they sell their bodies for sex).
      April 4, 2021 6:13 PM MDT

Isn't that what a Gigolo is Shuhak? Don't the old rich dames who "carry on with" hansome young men and buy them things whores? Or is a Gigolo and a male prostitute two different things? Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday to thee and thine. I think it's the rich old dame and the dirty old guy who purchase it the disreputables. Not that I think being a whore is a remarkably noble profession. In the olden days they were called courtesans or mistresses. They were "kept" and I presume faithful to one person but I don't know that for sure of course. :)
      April 5, 2021 2:27 AM MDT

I really don't know.   Please don't get me wrong, I am in NO way absolving any responsibility from the "payer" (client) for their actions. Despite what anyone may say, people CAN control their lustful desires.  It's just that most aren't willing to do so, and eventually those desires control them.  And so the world grows more and more perverted.
      April 5, 2021 12:07 PM MDT

Addictions by their very essence and nature are uncontrollable Shuhak. ELsewise otherwise it would NOT be an addiction. In my opinion. It isn't a matter of unwillingness to control. It is a matter of not being able to control. An illness can't be controlled by will. It must needs be treated right? Thank you for your reply m'dear! :)
      April 6, 2021 4:22 AM MDT

Addictions?  Are we on the same topic?  Just because some guy wants to get his rocks off doesn't mean he has an addiction.  Yes, there are definitely people who are addicted to sex.  However, I seriously doubt that everyone who visits a prostitute is a sex addict.  Most are horny and want to get laid.  90% of all teenagers are horny.  Does that make them all sex addicts?  I can guarantee you that not all teens "get some".  There are some teen males who take vows of abstinence, preferring rather to "save themselves for marriage" than give into their lusts.  They still have the same desires and urges as any other teen, but they learn to control those urges, instead of letting those urges control them.  It may not be easy, but it IS possible! 

April 6, 2021 3:28 PM MDT

Gender matters Shuhak. I will never know what it's like to be a guy but here's something I think should cross genders.  You want a fancy car but you can't afford it. Do you steal it or do without? I think of sex as the same commodity. You want some but can't get it. Do you go out and purchase it or do without? Surprising to you perhaps but women like sex a lot and I guess that's why they buy gigolos.I wonder if any women who enjoy sex become prostitutes so they can get paid for what they enjoy? I don't know. I'm wired differently than you BECAUSE of gender. We cannot escape that. Thank you for your thoughtful and well-stated reply. I stand firm on my view of course! But you knew I would! :)
      April 9, 2021 4:50 AM MDT

Sometimes it's all they can do to support themselves. A kid kicked out by her parent/care-giver (or run away from abuse - most prostitutes, both genders, have been repeatedly raped, and abused in other ways, before deciding to make a living out of it). Homeless. Drug addiction (the addicts are the victims, the pushers are the criminals). Or someone with an IQ so low they border on retarded, and honestly don't know how to do anything else. They're not repulsive, just helpless.
      April 5, 2021 12:59 AM MDT

I agree. It's the payer who is repulsive not the product purchased. :)
      April 5, 2021 2:30 AM MDT

I didn't think she was repulsive? Just horny and lonely. And she paid well.

This post was edited by Element 99 at April 4, 2021 8:15 AM MDT
      April 3, 2021 4:16 PM MDT

This reply relates to my question how?
      April 4, 2021 2:30 AM MDT

I just flipped it for fun.
      April 4, 2021 8:15 AM MDT

Oh? So did you have fun? Hope so. Thank you for your reply E and Happy Monday to thee and thine! :) This post was edited by RosieG at April 6, 2021 5:49 AM MDT
      April 5, 2021 2:29 AM MDT

Indeed I did.
      April 5, 2021 9:13 AM MDT