Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Vaccination passports? What for? Both Jim and I received "COVID 19 VACCINATION RECORD CARDS and paperwork when we got the J&J shot. WASSUP?

Vaccination passports? What for? Both Jim and I received "COVID 19 VACCINATION RECORD CARDS and paperwork when we got the J&J shot. WASSUP?

Posted - April 10, 2021

Responses

Those are your passports.
      April 10, 2021 2:54 PM MDT

So if we already AUTOMATICALLY get them which we do why is there a brouhaha going out about VACCINATION PASSPORTS? I don't get it do you? Thank you for your reply E and Happy Sunday to thee and thine! :)
      April 11, 2021 1:48 AM MDT

My wife and I got our J&J jabs yesterday. The card is your proof to show at a venue or event where it's required for admission.
      April 10, 2021 3:07 PM MDT

Congrats m'dear. I know that the cards are our PROOF so what's up with this vaccination passport? Why is that needed when we already have proof? Clearly I don't understand the problem. It seems to be quite contentious. Do you know what's going on Stu? Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday to thee and thine! :)
      April 11, 2021 1:47 AM MDT

Just what I said above. There are places and events like baseball games where that card is required to be shown for admission.
      April 11, 2021 8:32 AM MDT

That's not my point. If everyone gets a card after having the vaccine what is that crap about needing VACCINATION PASSPORTS? If we automatically already have PROOF what's the hullabaloo about? Thanks.
      April 12, 2021 1:24 AM MDT

It's a media term somebody made up to confuse you and me.
      April 11, 2021 10:22 AM MDT

Or creating something to fight about that isn't even an issue! Talk about stupid dumb! CRIPES! Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday to thee and thine. I don't mind carrying it and showing it just as I don't mind carrying a driver's license and showing it. What the heck is the big deal? Sheesh!
      April 12, 2021 1:26 AM MDT

The Big State wants control of it. 
      April 12, 2021 1:41 AM MDT

Exactly as it does your Driver's License? Why should one bother you more than the other? I don't get it Malizz. Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday to thee and thine m'dear! :)
      April 12, 2021 9:26 AM MDT

As of right now, there is no vaccine passport in the USA.  

But there was talk of making a government program for people to prove they are not a risk for spreading Covid either by receiving the vaccine or by having had the disease itself.

At this point, it sounds like the government is not planning to proceed with any type of "passport" program.

There were also several state Governors who said they would not allow such a program in their states.  

There are HIPPA laws that this type of program would be in violation.  So if it came into effect, we know it would end up in court very quickly.

This post was edited by my2cents at April 13, 2021 9:39 AM MDT
      April 12, 2021 10:13 AM MDT

After our shots WE GOT CARDS to carry. WHY DO WE NEED A PASSPORT TOO? I don't get it. Thank you for your reply m2c.
      April 16, 2021 6:35 AM MDT

They are not doing it now. 

But what there were talking about was more like an ID. To get an ID you have to prove you are you...birth certificate, SS card, marriage license etc. 
    So in terms of a Covid passport...the card showing you had the vaccine is the supporting evidence that you are not a spreader...because you had the shot. Someone else might show they had the disease and survived. Medical records or test results for antibodies as there evidence.  To get the Covid passport.  
    But as I said the idea seems to have been scraped. 
      April 16, 2021 6:53 AM MDT