Active Now

Slartibartfast
Danilo_G
Gino LOLobrigida
Discussion » Questions » Death and Dying » Any one of you inclined to buy that George Floyd’s heart condition and drug history MIGHT have been 51% or more the cause of his death, as

Any one of you inclined to buy that George Floyd’s heart condition and drug history MIGHT have been 51% or more the cause of his death, as

opposed to a 49% or less probability that the treatment he received from the police officer(s) caused his death, I have a proposition for you:

How willing are you to take on ALL of these following factors personally, put yourself in George Floyd’s place, do the exact same actions that he did on that last 20 minutes of his life?

1. You incorporate George Floyd‘s physical, physiological, medical, health condition into your body. Not your own condition, whatever it may be, but his. And,

2. The police officers commit the exact same actions with you that they did with George Floyd on that day. Absolutely no deviation whatsoever from anything they did with/to/concerning him.

The challenge is that if you truly believe that while you’re handcuffed behind your back, taken to the ground, held immobile in a prone position that doesn’t allow your chest to rise and fall normally in a way that you can breathe in the manner that human beings breathe, you have 9+ minutes of the knee to the neck with varying degrees of pressure being applied to your throat, how willing are you to be in that situation?

This is not a question of your law-abiding citizen status nor lack thereof.

This is not a question of race, nor ethnicity, nor discrimination, nor racism, nor opportunities, nor access, nor social/economic status.

This is not a question of the underlying probable cause for the detention/arrest nor lack thereof.

This is not a question of whether resisting arrest was present nor lack thereof.

This is not a question the officers’ training, nor their on-duty records, nor their prior accomplishments and/or failures.

This is not a question of policies, nor statutes, nor regulations, nor laws, nor rights.

This is not a question of the aftermath of the death, including criminal charges, indictments, bound over fro trial, jury selection, jury of one‘s peers, trial procedures, rules of evidence, rights of the accused, reasonable doubt, etc. 

It is merely a question of the physical facts that took place on that day and you putting yourself in his place to see if you’d be willing to take a chance with your own life by being subjected to exactly what he was subjected to that day.

Posted - April 12, 2021

Responses

NO!
      April 13, 2021 9:41 AM MDT

• No.
      April 13, 2021 9:17 PM MDT

Nope. Given Chauvin's history, it's rather surprising that he didn't murder a black suspect earlier.
      April 14, 2021 5:10 AM MDT

No, I would not be willing to put myself in that situation.

I believe had Floyd not ingested the Fentanyl during his arrest...he would be alive today. 

As I have said...I think the officer should get murder...but will not because the neck hold was legal at the time. 

I do not the any neck hold/take down etc should be legal in this country. This post was edited by my2cents at April 14, 2021 5:54 AM MDT
      April 14, 2021 5:52 AM MDT

I wonder why you wouldn’t want to be in that situation; you defend the cops as having done nothing wrong. Puzzling.

After your first sentence, which does answer the question, thank you, you went way off the rails and indicated that you either didn’t read, didn’t understand, or completely ignored the parameters of the scenario, which clearly states it covers only the precise actions stipulated, not any what ifs or should haves or could haves, etc. 
      I guess the urge to prop up killer cops was too difficult to resist.

By the way, you’re absolutely wrong by claiming what you call “the neck hold” to be legal at the time. A police officer is required to de-escalate the use of force if and when a non-compliant person or resistive person or combative person begins to comply, or stops resisting, or is no longer combative. Having slowly squeezed the life out of Floyd with a knee to the neck for nine minutes while Floyd was subdued, restrained, immobile, unable to resist even if he had wanted to, compliant, not fighting, those are the portions of the incident in which the officers’ actions were not legal and deprived Floyd not only of his rights, also deprived him of his life.
      Apparently in your book, there’s justification for nine full minutes of applying force that was no longer necessary. 

April 14, 2021 7:14 AM MDT

Where....anywhere on this site have I said the cops did nothing wrong?  Show me. Link or screen shot. Good luck...cause it is not here. 

I have never said that...I have said I would convict for MURDER.  
    I am also saying do not fight the police...you will not win.  

I have said they need to change the law nationwide on neck holds.   Because it is a loophole that could allow for a not guilty verdict.   

April 15, 2021 8:24 PM MDT

I have watched virtually every minute of the trial and listened to all the expert witnesses so far, including the experts for the defense. There is no doubt in my mind that his death was due to the actions of the officers and nothing else.
      April 15, 2021 6:03 AM MDT

That’s probably because you watched with intelligence and common sense as your guides, just like everyone else does. Hey, wait . . . 

~

April 15, 2021 6:06 AM MDT