Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Animals (Wild) » Has an animal ever had a bad reaction to you, to your presence? If so, please tell us about it.

Has an animal ever had a bad reaction to you, to your presence? If so, please tell us about it.

~

Posted - April 26, 2021

Responses

Farm bulls always have a killer instinct towards humans so then you have to keep them under strict control. However I was never attacked by a bull. Helps to have that ring in his nose.

Momma pigs can be pretty dangerous too, my sister had a sow with a litter of new baby piglets, she picked one up, apparently momma didn't notice but when piglet made some sounds momma did notice and almost instantly sister was knocked flat on her back. Momma could have done some harm but seemed happy just to have her piglet back safe and sound. This post was edited by Kittigate at April 27, 2021 6:45 AM MDT
      April 26, 2021 10:55 PM MDT

How does the nose ring figure into the equation, please?
    ~

April 27, 2021 2:18 PM MDT

The nose is a very sensitive organ,  so if you take a firm grip on the bull's nose ring take control of him but it might not work too well if it is a huge bull that might become enraged. Usually works ok when you just need to move the bull a short distance from one place to another.
      April 27, 2021 3:48 PM MDT

• Yes.  Years ago at a local Fall Festival the 4H kids had a tent set up for a petting zoo. I had my son with me and he wanted to pet their rabbit.  He was caged (the rabbit) so I asked the nearby uninterested 4H teen if it was all right if we pet him.  He told me just to open the cage and we could pet him.  Well I opened the cage and reached down to rub the rabbit's back and the little %$*#?& turned around and tried to bite my knuckle off. The uninterested teen suddenly became interested and said "Woah.  Did he just bite you? He's never done that before." That day my war on the rabbit species began. 

April 27, 2021 5:51 AM MDT

Revenge is a dish best served with duck sauce and a glass of Chianti. Bon apetit!
    ~

April 27, 2021 6:24 AM MDT

Not to put too fine a point on it, but I believe rabbit would call for a white wine.
      April 27, 2021 6:46 AM MDT

No, I appreciate the correction!  I know absolutely nothing about spirits and distilled beverages. 

~

April 27, 2021 2:17 PM MDT

Used to be that if the meat/fish was white, you used a white wine.  Beef, pork was a red.  Now they tell you to drink whatever you prefer.
      April 27, 2021 9:35 PM MDT

I recently got in the elevator with a couple that lives on the floor above.  They were dog-sitting their daughter's chihuahua (my least favorite breed of dog) and she was holding him wrapped in a blanket. The moment I got in the elevator, the dog started yapping and snarling.  I guess I wasn't his favorite breed either.
      April 27, 2021 6:50 AM MDT

Not that I recall.  However, my nephew did not like me for the first 18 months of his life.  We could not figure it out.  His father had to have surgery and my sister wanted to stay with hubs at hospital for two nights.  I stayed at her house with nephew.  He was very standoffish.  When I took a bath I put toys on the floor so he could play while I quickly bathed.  When I got in the tub he went into his bathroom and started bringing his bath toys and putting them in my bath.  I knew he had decided I was OK.  He is my only nephew and love being around him.  For the first time ever I live in the same vicinity as he. 
      April 27, 2021 2:46 PM MDT