Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Have you ever been in a relationship wherein you or the other person had recently broken up with a previous partner? If so, do you believe

Have you ever been in a relationship wherein you or the other person had recently broken up with a previous partner? If so, do you believe

what many people say when they advise against rebounds?

~

Posted - May 3, 2021

Responses

When I first dated the young lady who has been my wife for almost 32 years, she was getting over a pretty messy one. I was so besotted that I never heard the naysayers, and she ignored them.
      May 3, 2021 5:53 PM MDT

• Yes.  I started dating my wife about a week after another relationship had a fairly ugly ending. It really wasn't as impulsive as it sounds.  I feel like it was more a seeking of security than seeking some sort of outlet for pent up impulses. It felt safe.  Even then I wish I would have taken a little more time for myself though. 
      May 4, 2021 6:12 AM MDT

I think it depends on the scenario, but I'd say that it depends on the specific details. I don't think it's necessarily bad if you meet/go on a date with someone who has recently ended a serious relationship and over time a relationship develops. I do think it's usually ill-advised to jump straight into a serious relationship with someone who has recently ended one, especially if they're the type who MUST be in a relationship all the time. I think it's a good indicator of someone who doesn't really see people as special or unique or meant for them. You're just filling the position for the time being, like a waitress. And it's also a good indicator of someone who isn't comfortable with themselves or doesn't have the passions or interests to occupy themselves (outside of the obvious, which again, can easily be filled by anyone). 

May 4, 2021 8:40 PM MDT

Er, um, thank you. You didn’t answer the first question of the post.

___

May 4, 2021 9:40 PM MDT

I have, yes. 

~
      May 5, 2021 7:59 PM MDT