Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Spunky
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Some folks are TERRIFIED of admitting they don't understand something. Why that is I have no clue. Now I have a question for you. DO YOU?

Some folks are TERRIFIED of admitting they don't understand something. Why that is I have no clue. Now I have a question for you. DO YOU?

Posted - May 4, 2021

Responses

ADmitting that one doesn't understand something can make one appear to be weak in their own mind/self-image (ego).  I will admit there have been a few times when I've faked it.  
      May 4, 2021 5:34 PM MDT

Now that SHOCKS me m'dear. I'd be too afraid to do that. Know why? Because in the not knowing but pretending I could trip myself up and end up looking very foolish. Now there are times when I'm sure I understand but later on discover I didn't. One time I sadly discovered I was being made a fool by a mugger and had no clue. That was a very low time. I tend to be trusting. I admit that. Which makes me patsy for the "wicked". But I can't change who I am so I await the next time someone is "playing" me for sport. It happens. Thank you for your rreply Shuhak. Have you ever found that you were purposely being "played" for sport? If so how did YOU react?
      May 5, 2021 3:06 AM MDT

Although I'm sure it's happened numerous times, right now I can't think of one.   
      May 5, 2021 2:24 PM MDT

I think that's a good thing. The best way to live your life is to continue to be true to whom you are. No matter what others say/do you are responsible for being you and should stay the course and not be daunted by the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune...so to speak. Thank you for your reply! :)
      May 6, 2021 2:57 AM MDT

If I don't understand something and I think it's important, I will ask for clarification.  Otherwise, I don't bother, but I see no hit to my self-esteem to admit that I don't understand something.
      May 4, 2021 5:57 PM MDT

Me too neither sweetie. I have NEVER been embarrassed or ashamed to admit I don't understand something. I have been so fortunate to encounter people who do and who are kind enough to take the time to explain it to me. I mean how can I learn if I don't ask? Sometimes even after being explained to it still makes no sense to me. Which means it's either beyond my ability to understand or it's just bullsh**. Either way if I couldn't learn new things there'd be no point to my showing up every day. What I don't know is endless so my questions are endless too. I wonder if anyone will ever come up with the answer to "Why does FOOTOO have so many fans?" Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday to thee and thine! :) I gotta ask. This post was edited by RosieG at May 5, 2021 2:39 PM MDT
      May 5, 2021 2:28 AM MDT

I agree.  Unfortunately, I can't answer your last question as I can't imagine why he has so many followers.  For whatever it's worth, this will cheer you up a bit.  

6. Trump's media spell is broken
    Data: NewsWhip. Chart: Axios Visuals

Social-media interactions about Donald Trump have fallen 91% since January, Axios' Neal Rothschild writes from exclusive NewsWhip data.

• Why it matters: When Trump lost his social media accounts, he lost his once-immense power to make himself the center of attention.

Clicks on Trump stories fell 81% from January to February, another 56% from February to March, and 40% from March to April, according to exclusive data from SocialFlow.

• "Trump’s social media superpower was never his ability to tweet — it was his ability to get the media to cover what he tweeted," SocialFlow CEO Jim Anderson tells Axios.
      May 5, 2021 8:52 AM MDT

((hugs)) You sure know how to cheer me up bigly L! That is so AWESOMELY hopeful isn't it? Once he gets his a** in court to fight the bazillion lawsuits against him he won't have time for anything else but being grilled questioned! What happens to all the FOOTOOHEADS then? I dunno. We'll surely find out! Thank you for your informative and comforting reply and Happy Thursday to thee sweetie! :) This post was edited by RosieG at May 6, 2021 6:46 AM MDT
      May 6, 2021 2:28 AM MDT

I knew this would make you happy. :)  Happy Thursday. :)
      May 6, 2021 6:47 AM MDT

It overjoyed me my friend. Purely overjoyed me! It's always great to start off the day on a high note! :) ((hugs))
      May 6, 2021 8:33 AM MDT

Do I? I've never had a problem with admitting that I don't understand something. No ego here to bruise. If I don't understand, I'll ask for it to be explained. If I still don't understand, I'll research it until I do. That's how you learn.
      May 4, 2021 11:28 PM MDT

• I have zero problem expressing my ignorance.  Easier just to ask questions and move on rather than faking it. 
      May 5, 2021 2:39 PM MDT