Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Do you still wear clothes that have lasted for DECADES? Any relationships you wish had been that strong and sturdy?

Do you still wear clothes that have lasted for DECADES? Any relationships you wish had been that strong and sturdy?

Posted - May 9, 2021

Responses

Gaba gaba hey! I still have my Ramones t-shirt and my Kiss Army boots they are both decades old and in mint condition. The only relationships I really care about have lasted decades our 2 sons and their wife's and me and wife. (Gaba gaba hey is Ramone talk) Cheers!
      May 9, 2021 9:57 AM MDT

I KNEW IT! I KNEW you would come through on that same wavelength Nanoose. HOW did I know? I don't know I just did! But "mint" condition? My stuff is well worn..that is all the stuff I love. I do have "mint condition" things but they were gifts that I didn't feel right about giving away so I just kept them hoping one day they'd appeal to me. Now my sister has a galfriend she met in grammar school and they've been close for all those years. I have no such relationships. She is the outgoing gregarious one and kept in touch with tons of friends through all these years. Me? I have her and that's it! I have no idea where folks I used to know and like and hang out with are. None. My loss I'm sure. I did go out of my way to get in touch with the gal who used to be my best friend in high school. Her sister knows my sister and through my sister I reached out. So we got together for a few hours a couple of years ago. I GOOGLED her name and up came with her obituary recently! So of course now I feel guilty for not staying in touch but I also feel blessed that I made the effort at least once. I admire my sis for being the person she has always been. Likable all the time by everyone. A real sweetheart! Do you have siblings Nanoose? Are you close to them I hope you are if you do? Thank you for your reply m'dear! :)
      May 10, 2021 5:15 AM MDT

My current relationship is 33 years and counting (married for almost 32 of them). None of the clothes I had that long ago would still fit me.
      May 9, 2021 4:00 PM MDT

Really R? Are they too big or too small? I have a pair of hiphuggers I bought in the 80's that still fit me perfectly. I have a short torso so hiphuggers give the illusion that I have a waist and what I really am is all legs. At my heaviest I was 150 lbs. Most of the time I weighed about 130. Then as I got older my tastebuds just changed and now I hover around 110. I never diet. I always eat what I want including being very naughty but that is very seldom. Also as we get older we retire and there is less demand on our time. Jim still plays tennis and golf but MUCH LESS and he only plays 9 rounds of golf. At 85 18 rounds is just too much. When he overplays he gets cramps in his thighs. I guess that's how his body protests! But all things considered we're doing pretty okay for being as old as we are. Thank you for your reply! :)
      May 10, 2021 5:21 AM MDT

When Maureen and I first started dating, I was a teenager. And boxing flyweight. I'd struggle to make welterweight now. Age, a sedentary job and too much beer has put a few pounds on since then.
      May 10, 2021 5:34 PM MDT

I've always led a relatively sedentary life although there was a period when I was a runner. You don't need to have any talent for that so I was sorta good. But when I hit 50 my doc said no more running. Fast walking instead. Well didja ever try it? It is arduously exhausting and no fun at all so I did what I always do when the going gets tough and I stop caring...i gave up! Do you ever wonder what track your life would have taken had you become an opera singer and earned your living at that? Thank you for your reply R. Life  is a funny thing. I used to worry about weight GAIN and try diets and when I weighed it was in dread of having gained some. Now I weigh every day and worry if I'm losing some. Once one has cancer unexplained weight loss is very scary. SIGH. Happy Tuesday to thee and thine m'dear! :)
      May 11, 2021 1:24 AM MDT