Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Are you a purist? Coffee, tea, beer. Basic brew or the flavored ones? Ever had mango beer or caramel coffee or raspberry tea?

Are you a purist? Coffee, tea, beer. Basic brew or the flavored ones? Ever had mango beer or caramel coffee or raspberry tea?

Posted - June 6, 2021

Responses

I add a little caramel syrup to my coffee now and then. Milk in my tea, nothing else.

Beer? I'm not just a purist, I'm a SNOB. If it doesn't conform to das Rheinheitsgebot, it's not beer and you can pour that slop down the sink.
      June 6, 2021 5:08 AM MDT

Hahahahahaha! Oh boy! It's that " das Reinheitsgebot" that got me R. I just said it..."das rinehitesgebot". You say it and try to not laugh? It's tickles the tongue. DAS REINHITESGEBOT". I think it's the DAS that does it. Sets you up for what's to come. What does it mean? GOLD STANDARD or BIBLE? Thank you for your reply. I'm not a tea drinker but jim is. He just adds a bit of honey but he likes all kinds of tea...flavored especially. He drinks his coffee black. He isn't a huge beer drinker but he likes it in the summer after being out and about when it's hot. I add chocolate almond milk and 1/2 and 1/2 and a bit of coconut sugar to my coffee. DEELISHUSH! I pretty much like every beer I've ever tasted but I only can take a few sips. It's very filling and takes up room where food should be. Thank you for your reply! :)
      June 6, 2021 5:23 AM MDT

The German beer purity law. The Bohemians (Czechs) invented modern clear hopped beer, the Germans copied it and passed a law stating that beer could only contain malt, hops, water (and yeast, the action of which was not clearly understood when the Law was passed). If it's got anything else in it, it's not beer and stop calling it that.
      June 6, 2021 5:30 AM MDT

A "PURITY" law? Whoa that's impressive as heck! So malt, hops, water and yeast is it. So can't sneak essence of mango or pineapple puree or whatever they do. PURITY LAW! Geez we need that in goverment. Okay. You gave me the sled...here I go! :)
      June 6, 2021 5:38 AM MDT

Does that keep your spoon from dissolving?
      June 6, 2021 5:50 PM MDT

I don't alter my drinks with flavourings. That is not what they were made for. I won't even put ice in my whiskey. My opinion.
      June 6, 2021 5:53 PM MDT

Cherry Coffee is one of my favorites along with Raspberry Tea.  Love the flavors to choose from.
      June 6, 2021 6:00 PM MDT

Raspberry tea is a favorite of mine.
      June 6, 2021 6:04 PM MDT

None of those, but I have had plenty of cherry bounce and some watermelon crawl. 
      June 6, 2021 7:25 PM MDT