Discussion » Questions » Fashion » Do you have a hat?

Do you have a hat?

Hello:

Well, of course you have a hat, but is it funky?  I ask because I have this hat that I LOVE, and my wife HATES.  Like me, my hat is old and narley.  The cloth on the bill is in tatters.  But, I love it..  I wear it everywhere.  My wife buys me any number of very cool hats..  But, I don't wear 'em.  My hat is broken in just right. 

The only person who got the significance of my hat was the pizza maker at Costco..  The bill on her hat was ragged too..  I'm also getting carried away with the "significance" of my hat..  It's a hat, for crying out loud.  But, you have a piece of clothing just like my hat, don't you?

excon

Posted - June 8, 2021

Responses

I actually have one hat, but I've never worn it.  
      June 8, 2021 9:05 AM MDT

Hello S:

Send it to me..  I'll break it in for ya.

excon
      June 8, 2021 9:09 AM MDT

It's a hat with a big, floppy brim and it's soft, so it doesn't need breaking in.  I just don't like wearing a hat. :)
      June 8, 2021 9:41 AM MDT

I have a few hats and none of them are baseball caps.
      June 8, 2021 9:19 AM MDT

Hey, Z:

I have a fisherman's hat, but boy do I look stupid in it..  Baseball caps are all I wear.

excon
      June 8, 2021 9:27 AM MDT

If It's old and gnarly maybe it's time to get a new one, I usually throw away anything of mine that gets old and gnarly. 
      June 8, 2021 9:30 AM MDT

Hello E:

Yeah..  Some people absolutely do that..  My wife is one of those..  But, for me, old and gnarly is what I'm shooting for..  You know those shorts they sell with FAKE frayed edges.  Mine have frayed edges through wear and tear..  Ain't no false fraying over here.. 

Clearly, somebody in some bigshot marketing firm thinks frayed edges are cool..  If they sold hats with frayed edges, I'd buy a dozen..

excon
      June 8, 2021 11:08 AM MDT

Hello Excon, If you're old and gnarly hat makes You happy then that's all that matters, : )
      June 8, 2021 1:56 PM MDT

• I don't have any funky hats. I only really wear baseball caps. And in college I sometimes wore a fedora to make the world a whimsical place. :P
      June 8, 2021 9:32 AM MDT

I do have a few different types of hats for different types of weather. And I have a few different types of safety hats and one of them is a baseball hat that I use when I walk in the bush (the beak helps prevent getting poked in the eye from a tree branch). My favorite hat is my funky hat that I bought in Funky Town (Parksvilele BC).  It looks exactly like the hat Doctor Detroit wore in the Doctor Detroit movie and I only wear it once a year when I go to the annual Players Ball. Cheers! 
      June 8, 2021 9:42 AM MDT

Hello N:

Funky IS cool, isn't it??

excon This post was edited by excon at June 8, 2021 11:13 AM MDT
      June 8, 2021 11:11 AM MDT

Shalom

I have many hats, but I only wear two. Both retired Navy hats. I switch when one gets dirty.  Gnarly clothing: I have a pair of sweat pant that is threadbare and has small holes and bleach stains. I still wear it on a job. 

June 8, 2021 9:43 AM MDT

Hello again, shipmate:

The best I can do to match that, is I bought a rendering of my ship and keep it on my mantel.  If I had a Navy hat, I'd wear it.  

Have I thanked you lately for your service?  You know, I never got past radarman seaman, so being in the same room with you is awesome..

I've got an old Winston tee shirt with holes all over it.. Yes, I still wear it..

excon

June 8, 2021 11:23 AM MDT

You can Google image any ship. Here is my first one:

June 8, 2021 12:40 PM MDT

Hello Sailor:

Like this:

File:USS Robert K. Huntington (DD-781).jpg

Cool..  USS Robert K Huntington DD-781..  That's me on the fo'c·'sle.

excon
    This post was edited by excon at June 9, 2021 6:52 AM MDT
      June 8, 2021 1:02 PM MDT

That's older than the water she sailed on.
      June 9, 2021 6:53 AM MDT