Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Gino LOLobrigida
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » So the lyrics in the song by John Lennon..IMAGINE...is a communist manifesto? Do you Christians believe GOD/JESUS would be anti it or pro?

So the lyrics in the song by John Lennon..IMAGINE...is a communist manifesto? Do you Christians believe GOD/JESUS would be anti it or pro?

I KNOW it says "no religion". I agree. All those religious sects battling for supremacy. WHY DO WE NEED THEM AT ALL?

RELIGIONS DIVIDE US in exactly the same ways as POLITICS.

WHAT WOULD UNITE US? Doing away with the divisive symbols and UNITING in love.

That wouldn't work for you? If not I pity you.

Posted - June 10, 2021

Responses

Don't cherry-pick. Read "all" of the lyrics. God resides in heaven. So for all intents and purposes, the very first line of the song says that there is no God. John then doubles down on that thought by saying there's only sky above. Something tells me that God would not be pro this song. Then John says there's no countries. The world will be as one. No countries? What does that sound like to you? One world government perhaps?

Though such a “dream” may seem admirable to many people, Lennon's dream clearly requires an abandonment of God and His Word. Sin is ignored. No matter how much we try to fulfill Lennon's dream, it will fail because humanity is incapable of fulfilling it. Whether you believe the Bible or not, you can't deny historical facts. If history has taught us only one thing, it has taught us that men don't learn from their mistakes. History always repeats itself. Do yourself a favor and research, not only John Lennon but the Beatles as a whole to see what their real beliefs were.

Imagine there's no heaven
    It's easy if you try
    No hell below us
    Above us only sky
    Imagine all the people
    Living for today...

Imagine there's no countries
    It isn't hard to do
    Nothing to kill or die for
    And no religion too
    Imagine all the people
    Living life in peace...